X

headlights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlights

i have a 2005 7fidy kat.i been having this problem with the headlights.when i turn on the key the headlights wont come on.so i moved wires around and found that its in the control where the hand throttle is.i removed the top cover (where you can see the cables.as i wiggle the wires around you can see a spark under the cables and the headlights blink on.how do i get the cables off?do i have to disconnect the cables at the carbs? and how are those wires connected(screw or soldered).i cant find anything about this in my manual.thanks

That's weird.. There shouldn't be anything in there to
    effect the lights. I wires in the control pod are
    soldered. The other end has a connector under the
    tank..

Comment

the solder came undone.i just resoldered it and it works like new.this just happened to a buddy of mine and there was a topic here this week that happened to somone here.thanks for the reply

Comment

Originally posted by rwcreigh
        the solder came undone.i just resoldered it and it works like new.this just happened to a buddy of mine and there was a topic here this week that happened to somone here.thanks for the reply
        Yep that would be me! Thats scary that its been the second kat to do that!

Comment

But but but....
          What wire in the right control pod affected the headlight?

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
            But but but....

I think he meant the left hi/lo switch! lol

Comment

when didnt it come one? i thought on the 2005s the light didnt come on till the bike strated to give the bike more starting power

Comment

Originally posted by Just5cents
                But but but....

I think he meant the left hi/lo switch! lol
                Maybe but:
                so i moved wires around and found that its in the control where the hand throttle is.i removed the top cover (where you can see the cables.as i wiggle the wires around you can see a spark under the cables and the headlights blink on

Comment

Maybe but:
                  so i moved wires around and found that its in the control where the hand throttle is.i removed the top cover (where you can see the cables.as i wiggle the wires around you can see a spark under the cables and the headlights blink on
                  This scared me too -- I was thinking that he means the CHOKE when he says the "hand throttle".
                  rwcreigh, sitting on the bike, is it your left hand or right hand?

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

the right hand.there is two black boxes with about 10 wires on it.one came undone.

Comment

the right hand.there is two black boxes with about 10 wires on it.one came undone.
                      Ah, you mean behind the fairing, above the headlight. Got it...

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

no.there are a group of wires that run in the control where the red button and the start button is.one of those wires is for the headlights and it came undone.

Comment

no.there are a group of wires that run in the control where the red button and the start button is.one of those wires is for the headlights and it came undone.
                          That's weird... I never saw any headlight wires routed to the right-hand side before (not that I noticed anyway). Is there any headlight control switches on the right (passing switch?)... Nope... Unless it's actually a sense wire to trigger the relay used on the latest models (since the headlight shuts down when the engine isn't spinning, right?).

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

all i know is when i turn on the key the lights would not come on but the dashlights would except for the blue highbeam lights.they never came on even when i drive.i would grab the group of wires that go in to the throttle(right side)and wiggle they would flash and i could see a spark in side.so i took it apart and found 1 wire broke loose at the solder.so i resoldered and it works fine.i guess i got lucky.i thought i might need a new wire harness.

Comment

Cyber wrote
                              Unless it's actually a sense wire to trigger the relay used on the latest models (since the headlight shuts down when the engine isn't spinning, right?).
                              I think you are right about that, on the 2005 models the power is cut to the headlight when you start the bike, and thats probably the wire that come unsoldered.
                              R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Working...
                              X