No announcement yet.
X

Everyone wear boots?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helmet, gloves, leather jacket, riding pants, riding boots, and back protector. I wear all my gears all the time. It is a cheap insurance for my well being.

Comment

Re: rules

Originally posted by mcmahonm
      Well when I decided I wanted to get into riding motorcycles my beloved wife only had a couple of rules

1) No drinking and riding - good rule

2) Full gear - including boots, no exceptions regardless of how far the ride was

no following rules = no bike

So it made things easy I have 2 pairs of boots, the latest ar Nitro ones them feel great, just need to break them in.
      This is the ultamatum i had as well, and agreed with all ot it. i have been trying boots on for about a week. I have narrowed it down to sidi and Teknic brands. Te nitros are nice as well. I have found great deals on E-bay for all kinds of boots. just got a great pair of leather pants.
      Safety gear should be at the top of everyones list for santa. upgrage when you can, but use what you are budgeted for at first. I go the the good will and thrift stores all the time. auctions are anouther place to look for stuff and fun at the same time. OK at least i got over my D&D phase along time ago. no offence.
      http://www.geocities.com/kissarmymc/
      bikerfriend.org You get cool stickers for your cage

Comment

Eh, it's vary rare that I sport anything more than my leopard skin thong. I find that looking sexy is much more important than being protected.
        What the deuce!?!

Comment

Originally posted by bamarama
          Eh, it's vary rare that I sport anything more than my leopard skin thong. I find that looking sexy is much more important than being protected.
          Have you tried the new Titanim ones. NICE. Can you post that pic. No not really.
          http://www.geocities.com/kissarmymc/
          bikerfriend.org You get cool stickers for your cage

Comment

I understand the the SIDI boots are better suited for those with narrow feet. I've got 2 pairs of A* boots that I like a lot.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I just got some nice Cortech Solution Waterproof Road Boots for about $110. They are a BIG difference from my Steel Toe Military boots. The Steel Toe boots used to slip off of the gear lever all the time missing shifts. These new Cortech's have a groove built in for sport bike gear shifters. HUGE Difference. To say the least. No more gear shift misses to speak of.
              2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
              Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
              "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
              Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
              Veteran of the United States Air Force.
              "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Thanks for the info Jax, they are about 1/2 a size on the small size too.
                R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

This is what I'm wearing, took two days too break in, I love the feel over shoes.
                  2006 GSX600F

Comment

I bought a pair of JR orbit boots before I picked up my bike, and I`ve never been on my bike without them.

www.3dflag.com

Comment

Originally posted by bobs
                      Originally posted by Jax
                      I didn't like the riding boots because I would have to change them at work...and I don't want to carry two pairs of shoes....
                      I keep a pair of Birkenstock sandals in my desk drawer and change when I arrive at the office. That works fine in Silicon Valley, might not go over so well in the uptight East 8)
                      boo this man! : I live in the East Bay and I am most definitely not uptight :smt097 :
                      Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
                      fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
                      fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
                      girls = yammah
                      yammah = a bunch of liars

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix_Rising
                        Originally posted by Jax
                        I didn't like the riding boots because I would have to change them at work...and I don't want to carry two pairs of shoes....
                        I keep a pair of Birkenstock sandals in my desk drawer and change when I arrive at the office. That works fine in Silicon Valley, might not go over so well in the uptight East 8)
                        boo this man! : I live in the East Bay and I am most definitely not uptight :smt097 :
                        I was thinking of uptight offices a bit farther east than San Leandro, like those claustrophobic tiny little crowded states east of the Mississippi.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix_Rising
                          Originally posted by Jax
                          I was thinking of uptight offices a bit farther east than San Leandro, like those claustrophobic tiny little crowded states east of the Mississippi.
                          My mistake then, I retract my previous statement
                          Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
                          fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
                          fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
                          girls = yammah
                          yammah = a bunch of liars

Comment

Check Dennis Kirk's Outlet store. I bought a pair of Icon Super Duty Boots for $ 25.00 and a pair of Alpinestar SMX boots for $ 140.00 last month. http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...uestid=1142260

By the way, the most comfortable boots I have are River Road Double Zipper Field boots, but they are more "cruiser" looking. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...115&Division=1
                            ~ Lisa
                            2005 CBR 600RR (nicely modified)
                            2005 CBR 600RR Track Toy "Frank"

My motorcycle, my dogs (Piper & Capone - the Pet Bulls) and a cold beer ... what more could a girl ask for???

www.austinsbr.com and www.txsbr.com

Comment

Check Dennis Kirk's Outlet store. I bought a pair of Icon Super Duty Boots for $ 25.00 and a pair of Alpinestar SMX boots for $ 140.00 last month. http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...uestid=1142260

By the way, the most comfortable boots I have are River Road Double Zipper Field boots, but they are more "cruiser" looking. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...115&Division=1
                              ~ Lisa
                              2005 CBR 600RR (nicely modified)
                              2005 CBR 600RR Track Toy "Frank"

My motorcycle, my dogs (Piper & Capone - the Pet Bulls) and a cold beer ... what more could a girl ask for???

www.austinsbr.com and www.txsbr.com

Comment

No doot a BOOT it!

Comment

Working...
                                X