X

HELP bandit 1200 swap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP bandit 1200 swap

I picked up this motor and i need help figuring out where the cooling lines go. Is this an oil pump? or is it a water cool system? the person said it was out of a 1999 bandit

IS this normal and i need to find a block off plate when i go to swap the motor over to my katana 600. Or do i need to do something else. This didn't even look right when i pulled up my bandit 1200 manual. I am also reusing my katana 600 oil cooler, thats okay right?

the 600 oil cooler, no, the 99 Bandit 1200 is an oil cooled engine.
    Last edited by arsenic; 12-12-2008, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      the 600 oil cooler, no
      I thought i heard people were saying the full fairing bikes oil coolers were bigger then the open fairing bandits

Comment

no they're not, that's not a Bandit 1200 engine either

Comment

slim thats a gixxer 1100 motor like 93-98 water cooled one you got hosed
          I have two gears to beat you with and four you will never see!"

don't knock masturbation its sex with someone i love

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Comment

SHIZ anyone know where i can find engine serial number to figure out what it is? I am guessing that really is a water pump then....

Comment

the engine # is on the upper crankcase by the clutch cover starting at the oil fill valve
              yes, that's a water pump. post it, and I'll tell you what it is (even though that's a water cooled gixer) I'll tell you the cc's.
              Last edited by arsenic; 12-10-2008, 02:52 AM.

Comment

It's R720 So its a GSXR 750 20th generation IT'S FOR SALE anyone want to trade for a 1200 completely upsetting

Comment

Raider,

Maybe try someone on www.oldskoolsuzuki.info
                  That's probably a better place to punt your engine. They love that sort of thing over there!! Great site btw. Most members are UK based, so I don't know if that will be a prob...

Comment

shipping 225 lbs over seas, yeah, I'd say that's a problem

Comment

thanks for helping me feel better about my situation

Comment

Does anyone know how much a 1200 engines weighs. The bike weighs in at 480 dry weight. i tried looking it up but cold only come up with the full bike number.

Comment

all engines basically have a shipping weight of 225 lbs. I put them on a pallet and build a 2x4 crate, so in a plastic tub I imagine it would be like 50 lbs less Take it back to the d-bag you bought it from, tell him it's the wrong engine you want your money back, if he says no, sue his *** If he shipped it to you, that's mail fraud, they take that seriously.
                          Last edited by arsenic; 12-11-2008, 03:31 AM.

Comment

dang this sucks, was interested in seeing the finished product and how it ran
                            Lookin to purchase a set of reasonably priced,reasonably good condition carbs for 90 gsx600f. PM me with what you got.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X