X

Sticky throttle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticky throttle

So my throttle return cable keeps sticking upon returning to the original position. The culprit for the sticky-ness is certainly the throttle housing, but I don't know why...

I've assembled and reassembled the housing about 5 times now, but nothing seems to make it return like it should be. The return cable reaches about the 75% point, sticks, and then requires a very slight twist to get it to snap the rest of the way (which it will do on its own).

The throttle cables are OEM, and 100% brand new, so the cables themselves aren't the issue.

Anyone ever have problems with this or know of the proper fix?
    2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
    - Aaron

Most likely need to clean and lube the cable.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      Most likely need to clean and lube the cable.
      Lubing the cable is duly noted.

What's the fix for the cable catching on the return sheathing (metal tube) that sits inside the housing? That's where my problem is.

The return side of the cable catches the lip of the sheathing, hits the top of the housing in an arcing motion and rubs/scrapes against the sheathing on its way down.
      - Aaron

Comment

Your problem may not be the return cable, as the post control acts like a see-saw, improperly adjusted cables also will cause hanging because the cable will slack in the control.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
          Your problem may not be the return cable, as the post control acts like a see-saw, improperly adjusted cables also will cause hanging because the cable will slack in the control.
          Also duly noted.

I will throw the carbs back on the Kat tonight, adjust the cables properly, sync, and be done with it.

I had the carbs off while fiddling with the throttle... need Kelly Forceps.
          - Aaron

Comment

Working...
          X