Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Whats a decent bike for this price range?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats a decent bike for this price range?

I plan on spending 2-3k this season to get a new bike. Thus far I'm at 03-04 SV650s'. are there any other bikes worth getting in this price range? I'm open to either sport bikes or sport tourers. anybody got any ideas?
    Sweet Lincoln's Mullet

If your looking at getting an sv get a FI one.. In that price range there are many bikes you can get. What are you looking for cruiser, SS, sport touring ?
    2005 Gsx600f- My baby
    1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
    Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

3k could get you an early 2000s fi RR that needs some work or just isn't pretty.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by hinow41 View Post
        If your looking at getting an sv get a FI one.. In that price range there are many bikes you can get. What are you looking for cruiser, SS, sport touring ?
        like i said, I'm looking for either a SS or a sport tourer. open to either.. FI is a big concern though
        Sweet Lincoln's Mullet

Comment

If you luck out..... for your price range.... consider a lightly-used YZF1000r....or 600r... You're not going to get a decent FI bike at that price except in your dreams.
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
            If you luck out..... for your price range.... consider a lightly-used YZF1000r....or 600r... You're not going to get a decent FI bike at that price except in your dreams.
            I only paid 4500 for mine, was a bone stock garage queen too

Like I said, early 2000s gsxrs are everywhere, might have been down a few times but who cares?

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

My 2000 Busa was only $3K with 15K miles and in excellent condition. You can get lucky sometimes.
              sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
              1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
              2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
              First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
              Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaGSX92 View Post
                My 2000 Busa was only $3K with 15K miles and in excellent condition. You can get lucky sometimes.
                Wow...... that's quite the score! I may have to start shopping for bikes stateside!
                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                ------------------------------------------
                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                  Wow...... that's quite the score! I may have to start shopping for bikes stateside!
                  That's what I did with the VFR lol.

www.cycletrader.com start looking
                  Kyle

Comment

And there's another great option for you, smack in the middle of the SS/Sport Tourer spectrum. VFRs are terrific bikes and you can get a pretty decent one in your price range or maybe just a little higher.
                    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

buell firebolts are around that price too my buddy just bought a 07 xr9 firebolt with 10k for $3000

Comment

Originally posted by blackonblacksvt03 View Post
                        buell firebolts are around that price too my buddy just bought a 07 xr9 firebolt with 10k for $3000
                        True, but who wants a Buell?

*waits for table*

Comment

Originally posted by blackonblacksvt03 View Post
                          A buddy of mine who works as an MSF ridercoach had a Buell Firebolt XR9 and sold it for about that, and he promptly replaced it with a Yamaha FZ6. Much more comfortable ride. He also got a ticket for having the FACTORY orange windscreen.
                          Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
                          Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
                          2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

I've got a 2009 FZ6. I can say they are awesome bikes. I've got a PowerCommander, Arrow Pipes, and a dyno tune on mine and it makes it a whole nother bike. Cost me an extra 900 bones though for the goodies.

Comment

You could EASILY pick up a slightly older FI VFR for 3k. (Around here anyway...)

That is probably my next bike. That is...if I don't find a decent xs60 first

Comment

Working...
                              X