X

21352 miles on rear tire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21352 miles on rear tire

Believe it or not, I got 21,352 miles on my rear original tire. Honestly, I should have had it changed around 18,000. My Kat is obviously a comuter bike. 99% of the miles are from my daily easy going comute. I have a little fun every now and then on the weekends.

R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Were you driving completly bald tires.

Comment

Holy cow, I'll be happy to get like 8 out of mine lol
        Live and Lean.
        When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
        "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
        Romans 3:23

Comment

I got around 12.5k out of the current set of Z6's and the rear is definitely ready for replacement by my standards (the center is worn square and the tread grooves are down to around 1mm where they come up on the center). If I rode them until they were threadbare, I could probably get 16 - 18k out of them, but I won't ever push something as critical as a tire that far.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by TheKlic
            Holy cow, I'll be happy to get like 8 out of mine lol
            no kidding. I can get 5k kms out of mine before I am showing canvas.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Mojoe wrote
              no kidding. I can get 5k kms out of mine before I am showing canvas
              Well if you don't do smokeshows in Mcdonalds parking lot they tend to last a little longer than 5K
              R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

The Dunlop OEM tires I had on my Katana had little wear at 13,000 km. However, they were hard as hockey pucks with traction to match so I replaced them with the Battlax BT-020 tires.
                "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

My Bandit 1200 is wearing-out a rear Metzeler in about 3K miles... 21K is just ridiculuos!
                  '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

21000+ HUH??!!

Comment

Shoot. I can't get 5K out of a rear with the Kat. The Bandit has never seen more than 4K out of a rear and anything over 2K is bonus miles so far as I am concerned. The Aprilia is not much better.
                      Ron
                      MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by katman05
                        Mojoe wrote
                        no kidding. I can get 5k kms out of mine before I am showing canvas
                        Well if you don't do smokeshows in Mcdonalds parking lot they tend to last a little longer than 5K
                        actually since then....and the smiley face, I have been pretty good.
                        I am on that same tire......the same tire I had to stick a plug in way back the day I had a hole in my tire while passing the trucks.

it is getting due....and I had to push the old plug into the tire and double up the next plug. I have to add air about every 3 days. I am getting pretty good at guessing air pressure now. 40...38...35...33.....oops, time to add air.
                        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

For all the people that want to maximize miles on tires I'd recommend checking tire pressure more often....
                          And I agree with Cyber - not wearing mine down more than 1mm of tread left the lowest place (center )
                          Now: 1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX9R
                          Before: 1998 Suzuki GSX-600F/Katana

Comment

I have close to 14K km on my OE, Dunlops. However I will have to replace them next spring as both of them are feathering. Thinking of getting Metzlers Z6.
                            www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk
                              Shoot. I can't get 5K out of a rear with the Kat.
                              I thought I was the only one !
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                              X