No announcement yet.
X

sweetest kat made.....UPDATED

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet bike!!! That pop-up headlight is sweet! I've never seen that model before!! Congrats
    RUN WITH IT!!

W.F.O.......The only way to go!!!

'06 600 Katana

Comment

What a COOL bike. THAT particular model is the one that made me want a Katana OH so many years ago. How cool to see one in such good shape after so long, it's like seeing an old friend again.

Of course, it took me until December 2000 to get my 2001 Katana, but at least I finally got one. LOL

Very cool find Mojoe!

Kat
      2001 Suzuki Katana 600. If you see a bright blue rocket with a blonde girl in raspberry & black gear go flying past on the way to San Marcos, Texas..... that's me!

Comment

I love the styling of the original Katanas. I'm old enough to remember them when they were new, and I thought they rocked back then, too!

Despite Suzuki re-using the "Katana" moniker for the later bikes (in North America only, I think - presumably for marketing purposes), they aren't *real* Katanas!

*puts on flak jacket and hunkers down to await the barrage!*
        "If they think you're crude, go technical. If they think you're technical, go crude."

Comment

Originally posted by Gromit
          *puts on flak jacket and hunkers down to await the barrage!*
          you won't get any flak from me for that comment. I tend to agree with you.
          I have a 92 and 93 1100, and I consider that to be borderline. If it wasn't for the fact that it was the equivilent to the Busa in it's time, I would not be so fond of them. The 600 and 750's from then on....nice bikes for sure, but far from the styling of the early 80's or the power of the 88-93 1100's.
          They wear the name....that's it. sort of like the mustangs of the 80's and early 90's...lol.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

well the final ol' skool kat is finally at home where it belongs. I am now officially done aquiring....that is unless another great deal to good to pass up comes along. But I will try to resist temptation.

here it is....the all silver one. Not sure if I will restore it, or keep it for a parts bike. Will have to see if I feel like jumping into that one after completing the other 3.

Comment

I wanna live in your garage . I don't take up much space .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                I wanna live in your garage . I don't take up much space .
                I will throw a cot in the corner and you can work off your rent.

Comment

Originally posted by sidhepro
                  What a COOL bike. THAT particular model is the one that made me want a Katana OH so many years ago. How cool to see one in such good shape after so long, it's like seeing an old friend again.

Kat
                  I'm with ya sid - I was too young to drive when that bike came out - I was still riding trailbikes, but religiously studying the new fliers from all the manufacturers when they came out every year. And I loved that bike from the minute I saw it.

Over the years I've seen a few and never walk by one without stopping to admire it.

Mojoe - gota disagree with you re: Katana=Mustang. Those cars were awful, and a discredit to the name - those 88hp 4cyl cars were just plain awful.
                  The newer Katana's are good bikes in their own right - as evidenced by this forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Guiness
                    Mojoe - gota disagree with you re: Katana=Mustang. Those cars were awful, and a discredit to the name - those 88hp 4cyl cars were just plain awful.
                    The newer Katana's are good bikes in their own right - as evidenced by this forum!
                    well....not to ruffle any feathers, but that is sort of how I see the 600 and 750 kats today. Those 88hp 4cyl stangs were just plain awful, but still dependable. Much like the kats of today. I am on this board for the common love of the katana, but I just happen to go for a different model than most.
                    If it wasn't for the 80's kat and the 88-93 1100's, I would probably never own a katana only due to the fact that I have been riding to long to be satisfied with the 750, let alone a 600. I feel the need for the extra power of the 1100.

But like I said....it is just a matter of personal taste. I respect the new kats for what they are....a great value for the buck. But for me to actaully go out and buy one would be a step backwards for me after owning the 1100 for so long.

Comment

Working...
                    X