No announcement yet.
X

Dyno,and jet kit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I orderd my Ivans jet kit friday , he told me not to use the KandN filter,and to use the stock filter. Nice guy , i told him the guys from KR said he was the best.

Comment

You'll be happy.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

got the jet kit in and instaled it,was easy to put in the carbs, got a question before I put everything together . there are 2 cables that come in from the top of the carbs ,one opens the throttle , the front one (closest to the handle bars ) is kinda loose and flappy, is this how it is supposed to be, or do I need to get it tight? the throttle cable is perfect as far as opening and closing.

Comment

she fired right up the first time and idles like a champ, awsome , i havent tested it yet on the road

Comment

Be sure to let us know how it runs on the street.

Congrats on the successful upgrade!!

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
            who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Originally posted by 05_katanatyson
              got the jet kit in and instaled it,was easy to put in the carbs, got a question before I put everything together . there are 2 cables that come in from the top of the carbs ,one opens the throttle , the front one (closest to the handle bars ) is kinda loose and flappy, is this how it is supposed to be, or do I need to get it tight? the throttle cable is perfect as far as opening and closing.
              They both should be approximately the same tension. See this thread for more details on how I set that tension:

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

done with the jet kit , took it out for a spin, cant realy tell a difference in low rpms , but 5 to 8 rpms its pullin alot harder. I hit second gear getting on it pretty hard , and I felt the front wheel come off the ground a little. It seems to run perfect,but i havent dynoed it or synced the carbs, or had to make any ajustments to it because it runs flawless. should I try to do any of these things or just leave it as it is ,and it would'nt be worth the trouble?

Comment

I dont have to use the choke anymore when starting

Comment

I would suggest a carb synch just to make sure all 4 pistons are pulling the same.

Sounds like another happy customer for Ivan though.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Originally posted by 05_katanatyson
                      done with the jet kit , took it out for a spin, cant realy tell a difference in low rpms , but 5 to 8 rpms its pullin alot harder.
                      Maybe you just can't tell... I can feel the difference as low as 3300 RPM, although it doesn't become major til a bit higher...

Originally posted by Court93Kat
                      I would suggest a carb synch just to make sure all 4 pistons are pulling the same.
                      +1
                      Any time you have your carbs apart, and any time you adjust the valves.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thanks for all your help and support

Comment

Working...
                        X