X

Rod knock...I think....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
    A Katana motor that isnt an 1127 or 1052 is worth about $300. The rebuild would cost way more than that.
    what do you think those 1052's are worth? I have 3 of them taking up space. I always dealt with 1127's and just tossed the 1052's aside.
    Last edited by Mojoe; 03-26-2012, 04:25 PM.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Its hard to tell from a video, not the same sound as in real life. But im still thinking: way too tight valves. I cant say I read anything about valve adjustment check in the thread. And I would definately check that before I did anything dramatical as splitting the case.
      2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
        what do you think those 1052's are worth? I have 3 of them taking up space. I always dealt with 1127's and just tossed the 1052's aside.
        Definitely more than a 600 or 750 lol.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
          Definitely more than a 600 or 750 lol.
          True, but I wouldn't buy one. I'm like Mike here, I've only ever dealt with 1127's. If it was a 1052, I passed. Everyone's is not like me or Mike, so I'm sure they are worth something to someone.

Comment

So it didn't take long to die, I rode about 10 miles before it went out, when it did it felt like it was losing all of the power and kinda chugged a little bit. So I don't know if it was a fuel issue that put me on the side of the road or something to internally, it didn't sound very good when I tried to start it though

Comment

fuel dont knock like that
              98 GSX750F
              95 Honda VT600 vlx
              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

no, I went to ride to my dad's place and the bike died on me. but I changed the fuel filter and it started right up..?.. Of course it still has the knock going on, but I can ride down the road just fine

Comment

Just curious, but why ride it till it blows?

Wouldn't you risk the engine seizing up on you? Granted that's only happened to me on a dirt bike, but I wouldn't want my rear wheel locking up on me around a corner on the street

Comment

I didn't, I swapped motors, saddly enough I couldn't find any larger motors around me

Comment

Working...
                    X