First bike...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First bike...

Hi everybody,

I have couple of questions. I new to the forum, but I’m reading often.
    Week ago I passed MSF course. I looking for a motorcycle for long time but finally I made a final decision. So I found one on eBay, katana of course. Can somebody take look at this link and give me some advices: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-...QQcmdZViewItem . Thanks a lot.

I think it's a decent buy. I think the reserve price of $2900 is not a steal, but not a bad buy either, given its 6K+ mileage. The V&H exhaust is nice, but it can be loud too.

For this price, I wouldn't be happy about scratches if they show up much. Some people don't mind the scratches because they figure they may drop the bike themselves, especially if they're new riders.

I'm also hesitant about sellers who post the reserve price. On a scale of 1-10 for "buys", I'd probably rate it a 6.

I bought my Kat in March, new, and it was the first street bike I owned in about 25 years. I've done a lot of dirt biking, but had to relearn a lot of my street skills. The Kat has been a phenomenal bike. You'd be very happy with it, and I think they're great looking bikes.
    MikeG
    Central Oregon
    2006 Suzuki GSX600F
    (That's a Katana for non-insurance-agent people!)

Comment

i went at the right time of the year. the guy also sold snowmobiles. he sold me mine with a vanson pipe for about 5900 tax included. if u can use the same strategy as i did,buy new.
      << RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT !! >>
      KRAZYKAT'S KATANA PICTURES

Comment

I bought a used 98 with 4,000 miles and it is still strong as ever. For $2,900, I think it is a decent deal for that recent of a year. Especially with the mods. If she runs good, which he says it does, what more do you need? If you buy new, just remember not only are you paying almost double for virtually the same design bike, but you lose value the second you leave with it. I would recommend buying used as the first bike. It will always hold that sentimental value since it was your first Kat!
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

Working...
        X