X

Rear tire size

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear tire size

Another question here.... I see that alot of tires do not come in the 150/70 sizes I see 150/60 and 160/60 , I probably will stick w/ the 150 width, but does the 60 compared to the 70 sidewall drop the rear end alot, or not much to make a difference ? All imput would be appreciated
    sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

the difference is about 10mm. It doesn't make a big difference but typicallly I would go for the 160/60 myself. Just try and get a sticky tire.

Comment

All your questions are answered here:

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I agree go with the 160. better choices in tire and more rubber on the raod.

Comment

Originally posted by letsride
          I agree go with the 160. better choices in tire and more rubber on the raod.
          Not to mention in the Metzeler M3 you're looking at, unlike the 160/60ZR17, the 150/60ZR17 is not up to the 98+ Katana's weight rating requirement (ditto on the 120/65ZR17 & the 120/60ZR17 for the front -- you need that 120/70ZR17 in the front).

Meanwhile, unless you go virtually shoulder- or elbow-down in the turns, you are not going to use the potential of a set of M3's on a stock Kat -- get twice the mileage and for your purposes, the same grip (i.e. - more than you can use) out of a set of Z6's

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i've got the d209's on my kat. 160/60 in the back and 120/70 in the front.
            both of the tires seem to do good and I have no problems with the back dropping down. alittle more rubber on the road is a good thing.

Comment

I went 160/60 10 years ago and never looked back....

Comment

Working...
              X