X

Starting here.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting here.

My 2005 Kat was running strong...no problems ever. Always very well maintained. Well, I got another bike and let it sit for only a month. Put the battery tender on it every 2 weeks. I go to start it for a ride. Turned the key...ignition and lights are on...clutch in...press starter button and CLICK sound from the lower left side. Ignition is dead...no lights...fuses are ok. The clock is on, but when the starter button is pressed the leds' on the clock dim out. I'm asking what was the CLICK sound? Short circuit in the starter? If this happened to you, or you know what this may be, I would appreciate some positive stuff. Gotta start somewhere...what a better place to start and no, the Kat isn't ****ed I got another :-0 Thanks people.

Sounds like battery died time for a new one
    1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
    1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
    Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

+1 Battery sounds like on last leg then sat for little while and just died. Check the voltage.

Comment

She's P***ed you got her replacement and hairballed the battery on you.
        Ride like it's your last ride
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks all. I jumped it with a fully charged spare but still dead to the world. Time to stop talking and start working. Streetmach.

Comment

Since you've already checked the fuses, continue by checking all the power and ground connections in the circuit. Sounds to me like a loose ground somewhere.
            My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Have you checked the main breaker?

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Starting here.

Ok, now the service manual is out. Main breaker? If it's the fuse for the ignition...yes. .. it's intact. Thaits what your describing...I think. Let me know. Can't find a diagram with a main breaker.
                The CLICK sound came exactly where the starter relay is located. Thanks, I got some great ideas where to start/ no pun intended. Streetmach.

Comment

main fuse is on the starter relay,spare also
                  sigpic

Comment

there is no "breaker" on post 98s, theres the fuses, as mentioned...on the starter relay

See My Garage for mods...
                    T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
                    Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Thanks all very much. The fuse on the starter relay is intact. Next is starter circuits and where ever that leads me. I appreciate all the good advice or any more related comments. Streetmach.

Comment

Working...
                      X