No announcement yet.
X

Zombie 600 Kat being more of a corpse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yah, the po of this one had it as a 'track' bike. Lots of rash, cracks, and dents. I've got new tank on the way from DarkFury, the oil pan leak is fixed, and did some more painting on the windscreen and fairings.
    (im getting better i think with the airbrush)... overall my ETA of having it
    ready to actually RIDE will be this weekend.... and im sure murphys law...it'll rain ALL weekend.. LOL. But sok..hearing that ugly corpse of metal roar
    was all worth every busted knuckle !!
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time!" - Tolstoy

Comment

Nothing restores enthusiasm in a build better than hearing some signs of life from the engine.

Comment

Darn right there !!

Im hoping to find some good tires on sale.
        I happen to read on here about the welds in the header pipes and sure as i looked in mine.. i found a HUGE gob of weld in there. I mean it was the size of a half dime maybe? off to the side... i was like holy mother !!! your coming outta there.. and hit it with the dremel.
        The other three weren't too bad but i cleaned em up all the same!

Comment

The bike in its craptacular glory.
          Needs clear coated but i gotta take it all back down to work on oil leak
          and carb cleaning.
          I just wanted to check the look of it as a whole.

Comment

Keep up the hard and frustrating work, the end will justify all of it.

Comment

I had to tell this on myself, because it MIGHT actually help some newbs.
              Especially when your deep into a rebuild or what not.
              I was having a fuel starve issue. Thought it was the petcock diaphram or a vac
              leak. I pulled it and cleaned (lil bit of junk in there but nothing to stop from working)
              and reinstalled, still no fuel from on or res.
              I put more gas in and tested, nothing, realized the tank was tilted away from me so i leveled it and everything worked. Put back on bike, primed, switched to on, run it...set idle and took for a test run up n down my street. Run like a beast !! then started
              missing and such. Got back to the garage.. evaluated... went to bed on it.
              Woke up and today realized... i had the petcock in the ON position w/ less than half gal of fuel in the tank. SMH... DUH.... easiest thing to overlook.
              HA ha .. my buddy has ragged me about 100x already.

Comment

ROFL - Murphys law... spend a month working on a rebuild... last day you get the last 'major' issue fixed (oil pan seep leak)... test ride for 10 min (LOVED IT).. look forward to a nice "LONG" ride the next day...only to see 80% chance showers and storms and its uber cloudy outside.
                Oh well... guess it'll have to wait. ha ha

Comment

Working...
                X