Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

'06 Katana GSX600F frame sliders help? Only option?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '06 Katana GSX600F frame sliders help? Only option?

I've been searching for days on and off online for frame sliders and the only website that I could find was this:

Scr motorcycle specializes in custom, unique and hard to find products like katana frame sliders

The rear and front frame sliders for $169 is... good? But I'm a bit wary about buying it because it's a plastic quality and not aluminum (which I've seen for MUCH cheaper online for different years, same model too).

I've been trying to find frame slider alternatives for my bike that are not from this site (and this is the ONLY place I have found), but to no avail... :/

Does anyone have any information about frame sliders for my bike that I can fit on it? I don't mind drilling if I have to... I just want something that's cost effective, and good (preferably aluminum) that won't break/BEND during some type of impact.
    Last edited by rf08d; 11-07-2010, 11:41 AM.

Originally posted by rf08d View Post
    I've been searching for days on and off online for frame sliders and the only website that I could find was this:

Scr motorcycle specializes in custom, unique and hard to find products like katana frame sliders

The rear and front frame sliders for $169 is... good? But I'm a bit wary about buying it because it's a plastic quality and not aluminum (which I've seen for MUCH cheaper online for different years, same model too).

I've been trying to find frame slider alternatives for my bike that are not from this site (and this is the ONLY place I have found), but to no avail... :/

Does anyone have any information about frame sliders for my bike that I can fit on it? I don't mind drilling if I have to... I just want something that's cost effective, and good (preferably aluminum) that won't break/BEND during some type of impact.

SCR sliders use aluminum mounting. Only the slider it's self is not metal. It's still tough enough to hold up and work well, but flex enough to not bend your frame. You WANT the sliders to bend/flex some. You WANT them to give a little. If they don't, then a hard impact will frack up your frame and total out your ride.

The only other slider options I've seen for a kat require frame drilling to mount them... which can = nasty frame dmg when you lay it down at speed.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Understood, thanks for the info.

Happened to order it after this thread... it was either this or nothing! Hopefully it'll get here quickly.

Comment

Check out these also if you are unsatisfied or need replacements there cheaper at 79.95 also

Comment

Does anyone make these for a Pre?

Comment

No one makes a kit for a pre that I'm aware of.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
            X