X

Sometimes my bike wont turn over, push-start required

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes my bike wont turn over, push-start required

Yeah 2002 katana 600 sometimes it just wont even turn over.

I have the clutch pulled in and tried with kickstand up and down and in neutral etc.

When i push start it, starts right up. This happens intermitantly.

I have a smart batter charger that shows 12.8v during the times that it wont turn over...even with jump-start wont turn over...

is this a known problem or what?

thanks
    2002 Suzuki Katana 600
    1980 Husqvarna cr390
    1978 Kawasaki kz400

check your ignition switch/starter button. the contacts can corrode if the bike sets outside alot. or a faulty ground. or a short in the wiring between the batt. and starter button. or between the starter button and the starter. or a bad starter solenoid. wiring is FUN! good luck.

p.s. if you use that 'search' button at the top of the page you just might find a bunch of posts about this
    just tryin' to help

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

"Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Thanks for the replies yall.

I searched the forum but was not searching properly. Ended up changing the key search words and found plenty of information.

So i went out to the garage, put the key in, and nothing! Jiggled the wires coming out of the ignition button area and wham she started. I guess will disassemble the ignition button and clean it tomorrow.

I hope this is going to be a good bike for riding the piss out of. Im not a calm rider but a WOt rider...
        2002 Suzuki Katana 600
        1980 Husqvarna cr390
        1978 Kawasaki kz400

Comment

heh

just a fyi

It was actually the plug that is on the clutch assembly that was nearly popped off that was giving me the problems

thanks
          2002 Suzuki Katana 600
          1980 Husqvarna cr390
          1978 Kawasaki kz400

Comment

The side stand!!!! wow im glad you posted this ive had this problem with electric start and coming to think of it the side stand is down (the bike is in my hallway so i never thought...........and yeah i been tryin to start it in my house but dont ask!!!!....lol)
            i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

Working...
            X