gsxr master cylinder and braided lines/resivoir question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gsxr master cylinder and braided lines/resivoir question

I recently got these guys:

01-03 gsxr 600 front brakes w/ss lines and master cylinder on ebay. I have a couple of questions before I try and put it on

first, will the braided lines work with my katana? I decided this would be purely a plus, what I was going after was the master cylinder, but I really hope I can adapt them.

Second, what are the requirements of the resevoir? This doesn't come with one so I was hoping to make something really cool and custom. I would assume all it needs to be is a sealed chamber which will hold some amount of brake fluid about equal to what is in the stock one. Is there any considerable pressure or any other requirement?

Thanks for the help

-Tyler

As long as the lines reach without binding when at full lock either direction they will be fine.

As far as the calipers working?? Well, I would say just see if they will bolt up or not. If they do, check VERY carefully to make sure the pads make good and proper contact with the rotors. Maybe someone who has attempted it will post up an answer for ya.

Good luck!!

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

my goodridge lines i got were "made" for the katana, but the packaging said for gsxr.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Well I hadn't even thought about using the calipers, just the lines/master cylinder, although that might be cool if they did bolt up, I kinda just assumed they wouldn't

That is great news on the lines, the connections look the same so hopefully they do work. They ship out monday so hopefully I have them late next week.

Still wondering about the resevoir, I don't want to do something unsafe with the front brakes but I saw a cool setup made for a ducati in a recent motorcycle magazine, would kinda like to emulate it or something like it... any special needs I need to know other then a sealed container that is refilable?

Thanks

-Tyler

Comment

I wouldn't think it would be anything special. Just look at what they use on other bikes. Plastic bowls... metal boxes... as long as it will seal, not leak, and let you check the level from time to time it should work.

With the calipers.... since you are getting them anyway, might as well try just to see if they would work. Depending on what year they came from GSXR's changed their setup so the bolts run from back to front (oriented to bike) instead of outside to inside. The newer ones are setup rear to front.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
          who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Working...
          X