X

New here and new proud Kat owner.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here and new proud Kat owner.

Hey everyone i just recently bought my first kat. Its a 95 600. When i got it the transmission was locked up so i replaced with a 97-2000 bandit 600s motor (was unfimilar with engine codes at the time). Now she runs and i ride daily, still needs alot of work but i plan on keeping it and riding it to the ground, always wanted a Kat preferably post but thats ok. Im one of those riders who cant leave things alone so i plan on alot of mods such as custom fitting post kat fairings on it and much more. And look forward to sharing/helping where i can and becoming part of this great community!

Welcome to katriders. Good luck with the fairing swap, it won't be easy. Totally different bikes.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Thanks xj i read quite afew threads on it. But its hard to find pre kat fairing kits and/expensive. But for a couple hundred i can get a kit on ebay and play around with it. I know ill have to grab 1 from 98-02 from what i read 03+ the fairings got wider. But for now i might just plastidip what i have cause its pretty rough. Its clearly been laid down on right side. Even the handle bar is slightly bent and my swing arm is rubbing sprocket side on center hub and the bolts on assembly. Which id like to swap with a 750 or gsxr swing arm. And ofcourse a fender eliminator.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

There is a member selling pre fairing here, check out the for sale area.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran

Comment

Hi, I joined today this group from Finland. I bought my 750 a month ago with 26300 miles driven. I have been driving just over 1700 miles now, usually with my 8 year old son on the back. My wife is 4ft 11inches long and wants a 600 , we are wondering how much its possible to lower the seat by removing paddings from the seat? The lowering kits are the useful ?

Comment

Im not to familiar with suspension yet on the kat, or tje integrity of lowering kits but there are ALOT of helpful members on here ghat im sure can help, also check the forums at suspention section and they may have a posting about height adjuatments and mods. And ofcourse thanks for the hospitality and welcome!

Comment

welcome to Katriders

Comment

Welcome to KR Heitzen and Kosin.

Konsin I am sure there is a thread on lowering, use the search feature
                  2002 750 Kat
                  2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                  2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                  2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                  1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                  2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders...

Comment

What's up people, i'm a proud owner of a 05 600 with some mods, bike runs great and I ain't scared to push it!

Comment

Please start your own thread. Hijacking a thread is rude.
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by outlawdusty View Post
                          What's up people, i'm a proud owner of a 05 600 with some mods, bike runs great and I ain't scared to push it!
                          Welcome. But what ^ said. There's a button in the upper left for starting a new thread.
                          1998 Katana 750
                          1992 Katana 1100
                          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

your joking right

I thought I found a cool site but if something so minor can offend y'all, your obviously not my kind of people! Being a smartass is what's rude!!!

Comment

You just joined!! And your already butt hurt over someone helping you out with the way things go around here..really!! Nobody was being rude to you, just addressing an issue, not a real big deal, unless it was your thread that was hijacked, understand?
                              Last edited by 92xjunker; 11-08-2015, 01:00 AM.
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                              X