X

Fuel tank question, petcock, manual petcock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel tank question, petcock, manual petcock

Today I assembled my clean carbs, fuel tank, and stock air box... I tryed to get 1990 katana 600 started with everything mentioned hooked up...

Bike would not start hooked up...

I decided to pull the tank and bypass using duck tape and two funnels... The bike started like a charm! I ran the vaccum hose through the petcock and fuel was spraying in bursts everywhere..

I then put the tank on after priming it with the funnel system and the bike ran... I tryed a few hrs later it started until I turned it off, now its just cranking over and over.. (a few back fires)
    Could I have a bad petcock?.ke works with funnels but not tank.. oh yeah tank was 1/3 full... I need help thanks!

You can test it: set to prime - flow from both tubes (steady good flow) set to run or prime -no flow apply vaccun to vac port you should have good steady flow from both set positions. if not then a rebuild or replacment is in order. do not use fuel filters on a pre
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Ok so I decided to leave the tank on and found that my first spark plug was wet and my 4th spark plug was dry...

Would this cause backfires?

The spark that was dry was the furthest away from the tank... I'm guessing that spark 3 n 4 are dry and 1 n 2 r wet... Hose not clogged... Could this mean that only half of my petcock is working with vaccum

Comment

o it looks like the only way for me to start this 1990 Suzuki katana 600 is to take off the intake.. and place my hand infront of each carb creatting a seal using my hand to suck in fuel... When the air box it attached it won't start... Why would this be happening?..

Comment

You need your carbs cleaned.....
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
          X