Help with master cylinder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with master cylinder?

Hi guys,

I posted this in another thread, but thought I would ask here as well. Does anyone know if I can install the front brake master cylinder from a 2006 Kat on my '88, with '89+ style levers and an '88 brake set up? From what I can tell, it looks like the piston is different and the banjo bolt is longer (?), but will it work otherwise?

I bought some aftermarket adjustable levers that wont fit the '88 master cylinder at all, so I'm looking for a work around. Machining the lever isn't an option

Thanks in advance!
    Christine
    Cambridge, Ontario, Canada

sigpic

Instead of telling someone who rides a motorcycle how dangerous it is -- LOOK TWICE before switching lanes, making turns, or pulling out of a drive way. Stay on your side of the road, especially in corners. Don't FOLLOW too closely; bikes can stop faster than cars can. Keep your eyes on the road and off your cell phones. If you care about someone who rides a motorcycle, please repost

Shouldn't be any problem at all. Might want to go to SS braided lines while you've got the system open, too. I went with these: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=92494, no problems with them at all and they're much less expensive than buying HEL or Russell.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I just swapped a master and lever off a 93 parts bike to my 88 today. The brake switch is different for the tail light, simple splice in took care of that. Nice being able to adjust the lever now for my reach.

Comment

Working...
      X