Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

trip to the twisties, ive got my flame suit on.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear that your gears held up very good, and you are safe. Don't get discouraged by your wrack. I hope to see you in the rally.

Comment

Originally posted by rotary13b
      Just like Cyber I think u should take a brake.
      I didn't say that -- I asked if he was going to...

Originally posted by Zukiman
      And Jason. Cyber, Fred, and me will get the beer at the rally. If there's another wedding reception going on. Oh wait! Not the same spot this year. I'll have plenty anyways. And I share.
      Q: Why would I bring you beer?
      Simple rule: if you ride in (no trailer/truck-bed) and cover more distance than I did to do it, I'll be happy to bring you one... otherwise you're going to have to wait until I happen to be getting myself one anyway -- or you should be bringing me one

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Man all I can say is, and u already are aware of it. You just gotta relax and dont push your limits so fast and so hard.

You've got all the time in the world to ride don't rush to be track racer or road racer.

Im not gonna bother flaming you becuz Ive done that before and so have others.. Just concentrate on reflecting on your circumstances, learn from them, and move on with riding. No need to give it up, just reasses how you want to ride.

Comment

jason glad you are ok. you really must reevaluate your riding style. I have been riding for less than a year and have made significant gains imo in riding ability but I realize there is a heckuva lot left to learn. I ride with more experienced riders (jimmie and jamie) and listen and learn from them but would NEVER try and keep up with them as I am no where near their ability. don't give up your love of motorcycling just slow down and learn all you can. take a riding course (not msf) at a track if possible.

now on to the whole frame slider thing. is it cost effective to trash the frame of the bike to save the plastics? I mean you have to trash the plastics to install them anyway in most cases then you have this hideous thing protruding from the sides of your bike all to save a few scratches if you lowside. they do NOT protect anything in a severe crash. in jasons case they actually CAUSED damage! I just don't see the point.

Comment

Originally posted by katana bob
            now on to the whole frame slider thing. is it cost effective to trash the frame of the bike to save the plastics? I mean you have to trash the plastics to install them anyway in most cases then you have this hideous thing protruding from the sides of your bike all to save a few scratches if you lowside. they do NOT protect anything in a severe crash. in jasons case they actually CAUSED damage! I just don't see the point.
            It's a total trade-off. In a parking lot spill/knock-over situation, they keep the fairings from getting damaged. At speed, they become a source of serious frame damages. I'd rather suffer parking lot scratches as needed to keep from having to do all the effort to swap a frame...

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Jason glad you didn't get hurt to badly.
              bikes can be replaced, people can't.
              Darren Drennan
              Alexander, Arkansas
              06 Katana 750

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Katana_Riders/

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                Originally posted by katana bob
                It's a total trade-off. In a parking lot spill/knock-over situation, they keep the fairings from getting damaged. At speed, they become a source of serious frame damages. I'd rather suffer parking lot scratches as needed to keep from having to do all the effort to swap a frame...

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                that's what I'm saying. a few scratches are easier and cheaper to repair than a frame replacement. plus I think the dayum things are ugly.

Comment

Bummer . You just had it looking ok (for a 98+ ) .
                  Yeah , K had a few frames he was selling not too long ago for less than half that E-bay price you posted , so PM Jim for one . And BUY THE BOOK !!!!!!!!!!

It'll tell you how yuou SHOULD'VE reacted in that situation . You had the right instinct , but used the wrong method to implement it . The secrets you seek lie within .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Comment

I think it's still new rider panic-reaction. Period. It's not that he didn't know what to do theoretically. It's not that he couldn't have choosen well if he had to do it again. It's that when it started to go wrong, he panic'd and let the panic change the physical reactions (& probably narrow the choices) while his mind was in that panic state. It's a fact of life for new riders, and especially for those who push hard (and thus are more likely to find themselves in a panic situation). He'll learn... or he'll sure as hell mangle himself learning...

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Sorry to hear about the mishap man. You walked away, so not all that bad. Reflect a little on the instance, wait a few weeks, and then decide what ya are gonna do.

Wouldn't give up riding personally, just scale back your aggressive riding till you get more mileage and experience under yuor belt.
                        One project done, now on to the next few!!
                        Explanation to girlfriend," I could be blowing time and money on strippers and booze!!!"

"Ahhh! The bliss of retirement and being broke all at the same time!!"

Comment

Ouch! I had one minor spill and it cost me some big bucks so I can only imagine the money being forked out for your mishaps. I'm a new rider myself but I've opted to slowly increase my skill, mostly due to the fact I'm a chicken.

I hope you will still want to ride after this last mishap.
                          "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

i would disagree with the fact that the appropriate action was to stand the bike up and get on the brakes.

it sounds like you havn't learned how to ride a 'sport bike', nicks book is a good start for street riding, also keith codes wtwII.

tim

Comment

Jason,
                              I have a master cylinder..

I would say get back on the horse..
                              I would also say that though you don't think you are
                              riding above your abilities, in this case you
                              seemed to be riding faster than you should
                              have been on this road..
                              (which is in a way riding above your abilities..)

Glad you are ok..

Comment

Jason, glad you are ok, it could have been much worse. Again, I think you should take it down a notch. These are a warning of sorts babe, please be more careful.
                                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Working...
                                X