X

Bells?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bells?

Hey guys kind of new here just wanted to get a little input and start an (off the wall) thread so here it goes. Does any one else in here have the Prayer Bell on their bikes, and what is your take on the wise tale. The Katana I have now has one and I never heard of this before until the guy I bought the bike from explained it to me. Any takers on this subject?
    Only when I'm lost do I truly know where I am!!!

Alot of the Harley/ Cruiser riders I know have the bells. Sport bike guys, not so much

I always heard they had to be given to you for it to work.

Comment

Bells = stupid harley gay ****

Knowing how to ride a bike will save your life much more often than some stupid bell.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
        Bells = stupid harley gay ****

Knowing how to ride a bike will save your life much more often than some stupid bell.
        Don`t hold back Scotty.....say what you really feel.
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Yeah that is the story it has to be given to you by somebody, Yeah I guess that set him off a little. I don't really believe in it but why not let it ride it"s not hurting anything, besides any thing to help my chance of staying on two wheels with the cagers around me. Plus ever since my woman heard the story it's a must have, got to keep the little lady happy.
          Only when I'm lost do I truly know where I am!!!

Comment

There are several members of KR here at the rally that have them on their bikes, including yours truly...been on my bike since day one

gimmick, wives' tale, whatever...every little bit of good karma helps when up on two these days...(a good skill set helps a lot too )
            Last edited by teddy; 07-25-2012, 09:42 PM.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
              Don`t hold back Scotty.....say what you really feel.
              I'll get in trouble if I write how I really feel about these bell things...
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

My wife gave me a Gremlin bell a few years ago. Its on the bike, doesnt hurt.
                1990 GSXF 1100
                2011 KLR 650

Comment

I haven't worked on a single harley or cruiser bike that didn't have a little silver "tinkerbell" hanging on or under it somewhere. Funny though most of the big tattoo guys tend to "hide" the little bell underneath the chassis... I wonder why heh heh

Comment

never really thought about it . i wouldnt run one . no real reason ., just wouldnt .
                    im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

I have a Marine Corps bell that was bought and given to me a few years ago. I get them for all my friends who are new riders, sport bike or not. It's just a nice, thoughtful little gesture, and I like giving them.
                      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                      Semper Fi

Comment

my uncle gave me my gremlin bell always had it on there must work aint never seen no gremlins around my bike lol

Comment

I had a bell given to me, didn't keep a gremlin from making some A-Hole brake check me in the rain. I keep the bell on there now anyway since the rider that gave it to me died in an accident.

Comment

Originally posted by Rare83Kat View Post
                            I haven't worked on a single harley or cruiser bike that didn't have a little silver "tinkerbell" hanging on or under it somewhere. Funny though most of the big tattoo guys tend to "hide" the little bell underneath the chassis... I wonder why heh heh
                            Apparently it's supposed to be set low /shrug

Here's the legend. There's plenty of sources out there , this sums it up pretty well.

A small bell attached to a motorcycle, believed by some bikers to scare off road gremlins. Gremlin bells should be given as a gift to assure maximum effectiveness. ------------------------------------ Mostly just a decorative item. ------------------------------------ Road Gremlins: There are motorcycle gremlins (AKA: Evil Road Spirits) that LOVE to ride, but they are also mischievous little devils and they cause all sorts of problems for you while you are riding. Road gremlins leave obstacles in your path- old mufflers, pieces of rubber, boxes and things like that. Some say they are responsible for that old lady in the minivan not seeing you and cutting you off in traffic. Or, you may be having trouble shifting smoothly, your battery goes dead, your turn signal suddenly refuses to work, an oil spill appears out of nowhere, etc - you get the idea. Those little gremlins look for trouble and try to steer your bike towards it. Road gremlins hope to make a biker crash so they can rejoice over their little acts of evil. Once you get a bell on your scoot - it wards off these attacks from the little gremlins, not allowing any more to get onto your bike. If you already have some gremlins riding with you, they will get trapped in the hollow of the bell, and the constant ringing will drive them insane - causing them to lose their grip and fall to the roadway. When you purchase a motorcycle bell and place it on your bike, it offers protection. If you receive the gremlin bell as a gift - the powerful magic of the bell is doubled. When you place it on your bike, you want it to be low to the ground, but not so low it will catch on obstacles and come off. Place it as forward as possible, so that the road gremlins will jump away when they first see you. Motorcycles bells come in all types, small angel bells, patriotic bells, dealers specific bells, POW bells, etc. No matter if you believe in road gremlins or not, a road bell and regular preventive maintenance goes a long way to keep you feeling safe and secure. The Progressive Insurance Company believes in road gremlins and has caught them in action in their commercial, Gremlins-Kickstand. (Find it on YouTube to see what a road gremlin looks like). ------------------------------------------ LEGEND OF THE BELL Many years ago, on a cold December night a crusty old biker was returning from a trip to Mexico with his saddlebags filled with toys and other assorted trinkets for the kids at a group home, near where he worked. As he rode along that night thinking how lucky he had been in life, having a loving riding partner that understood his need to roam the highways and to his trusty old pan that hadn't let him down once in the many years they shared the road together. Well about 40 miles north of the border, in the high desert lurked a small group of those notorious little critters known as road gremlins, you know the ones that always leave little obstacles like, one shoe, boards, pieces of old tires, and dig the dreaded pot holes for bikers to run over and crash thus giving the road gremlins a chance to rejoice over their acts of evil. Well as the lone wolf of a biker rounded a curve that moonlit night the gremlins ambushed him, causing him to crash to the asphalt and skid for always before coming to a stop, next to one of his saddlebags that had broken free. As he lay there, unable to move, the road gremlins made their move towards him. Well this biker not being one to give up started throwing things at the gremlins as they approached him. Finally with nothing else to throw but a bell he started ringing it, in hopes to scare off the dirty little gremlins. About a half a mile away camped in the desert, were two bikers sitting around the camp fire talking about their days ride, and the freedom of the wind blowing in their faces as they rode across this vast country. In the stillness of the night air, they heard what sounded to them like church bells ringing and upon investigating, found the old biker lying along the roadside with the gremlins about to get him. Needless to say, being part of the biker brotherhood they preceded to ward off the gremlins until the last of gremlins ran off into the night. Being grateful to the two bikers the old road dog offered to pay them for their help, but as all true bikers do, they refused to accept any type of payment from him. Not being one to let a good deed go unnoticed, the old biker cut two pieces of leather from his saddle bags tassels and tied a bell to each one, then slowly placed them on each of the bikers motorcycles, as near to the ground as possible. The tired, old Road Warrior, then told the two travelers that with those bells placed on their bikes they would be protected from the road gremlins and that if ever in trouble, just ring the bell and a fellow biker will come to their aid. So when ever you see a biker with a bell you'll know that he has been blessed with the most important thing in life -- friendship from a fellow biker.
                            1990 GSXF 1100
                            2011 KLR 650

Comment

Working...
                            X