No announcement yet.
X

Pre Kat Projector Retrofit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't think that really qualifies as hating. I'm bothered by the lack of high/low capability and wouldn't do that on my bike but this is YOUR bike we're talking about here and, of course, your budget. You're free to do whatever you think is appropriate to it, whether that's non-dimmable HIDs, HID bulbs in a halogen reflector or even gluing fake leopard fur all over the thing if that's what turns you on. (Please don't!) All we can do is offer our experience and opinions... and you know what they say about opinions.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I dont care what you do with your bike, but that looks like ****
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

...and there's an opinion.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I prefer wild-bill's explanation
          Everything I wanted was fulfilled with the headlights thus I am happy
          I spent $75 on the projectors so it's not like it was only for budget reasons. I'm just glad to get away from the cyclops look, sorry it looks so ****ty

but yeah, definetly happy
          Last edited by Lykkan; 07-21-2012, 12:39 AM.

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
            Don't think that really qualifies as hating. I'm bothered by the lack of high/low capability and wouldn't do that on my bike but this is YOUR bike we're talking about here and, of course, your budget. You're free to do whatever you think is appropriate to it, whether that's non-dimmable HIDs, HID bulbs in a halogen reflector or even gluing fake leopard fur all over the thing if that's what turns you on. (Please don't!) All we can do is offer our experience and opinions... and you know what they say about opinions.
            is there not a law that states you need hi and low settings?
            if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

I do have high and low for the record, one projector is a couple degrees higher than the other, high beam position keeps the low beam on also

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Comment

Originally posted by boomer_95 View Post
                is there not a law that states you need hi and low settings?
                That would depend on the state. There is a federal law which says you can't put HID bulbs in a "fixture" not designed for them. Just putting HID bulbs in the stock headlight reflector would clearly violate that but Lykkan and I have (arguably) avoided violating that by installing HID "fixtures" inside our stock headlight buckets.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

ya i knew about the bulbs not being put in stock fixtures, as the light is dispered differantly.

so lykkan. on high both projectors are on? and low only one is on? kinda like a honda.
                  if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Originally posted by boomer_95 View Post
                    ya i knew about the bulbs not being put in stock fixtures, as the light is dispered differantly.

so lykkan. on high both projectors are on? and low only one is on? kinda like a honda.
                    yeah

Comment

For the record, I ended up going with Chrysler LHS Foglights that have projectors in them. I wish I could have used the glass housing that came with these, they're very nice looking. If I did a streetfighter bike I'd definetly use them

Comment

Before you go too much farther, mark the wall where your low beam and high beam hit so you can tweak the aim on the HIDs right.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                        X