Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lykkan View Post
    ...shutter?
    like a piece of metal for a cutoff line? it has that
    Right. The bi-xenons have a solenoid attached to that shutter to pull it out of the way for high beam. Sounds like you don't have that, though.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Comment

Unfortunately for me one of the tabs were broken off in the accident so I have to order another set of these projectors.
        They can be found here: UNIVERSAL FOG LAMPS LIGHTS 3" CLEAR PROJECTOR W/HALO http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-FO...sories&vxp=mtr or http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Projector-F...ctor_sku73.htm
        $45.99 isn't too bad shipped.
        I'll also use the halos from it as they'll fit inside the housing without a problem
        Last edited by Lykkan; 02-28-2012, 09:29 PM.

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Comment

I'd stop buying no name projectors and get some real oem units for optimal light output.

The cheap ebay projectors have been used in some retrofits and the beam pattern is less than optimal.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            I'd stop buying no name projectors and get some real oem units for optimal light output.

The cheap ebay projectors have been used in some retrofits and the beam pattern is less than optimal.
            Like I've mentioned I already have a set of these exact ones on my chrysler and the cut off line is perfect
            Example of the cutoff line from these projectors

Last edited by Lykkan; 02-29-2012, 04:02 PM.

Comment

And my advice would be to go for bi-xenon projectors. That gives you a solenoid-movable shutter in each projector to switch between high and low beam without moving or switching on/off the bulb. The downside to the bi-xenons is that the projector body is wider at the same lens diameter. Definitely want to watch that. Lykkan seems to have managed to fit two 3" non bi-xenons in there without any clearance issues. I'm having to go to much more drastic measures to fit a pair of 2.5" projectors. (Gotta get back to work on that...)

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                And my advice would be to go for bi-xenon projectors. That gives you a solenoid-movable shutter in each projector to switch between high and low beam without moving or switching on/off the bulb. The downside to the bi-xenons is that the projector body is wider at the same lens diameter. Definitely want to watch that. Lykkan seems to have managed to fit two 3" non bi-xenons in there without any clearance issues. I'm having to go to much more drastic measures to fit a pair of 2.5" projectors. (Gotta get back to work on that...)
                Yeah I REALLY want to see your build, I like seeing how people go about things differently. I didn't know bi-xenon housings existed to be honest before you mentioned it, so that's nice to know and I'll probably use that in the next project (whatever that may be on)

Comment

Originally posted by Lykkan View Post
                  Yeah I REALLY want to see your build, I like seeing how people go about things differently. I didn't know bi-xenon housings existed to be honest before you mentioned it, so that's nice to know and I'll probably use that in the next project (whatever that may be on)
                  Then how about hitting the thread for it?

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...k%26amp%3Bblue

Bill also posted a picture of the cut off line for his projector setup in his Pre-kat.

Good call on the GMC Envoy fog lights-- I think my company might make/import these ironically enough, so I'll see if I can score myself some from the damaged parts bin.

I'm also considering adding a set of LED fog lights as aux driving lamps since the draw is pretty low...
                  Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
                  Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
                  2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

Originally posted by black&blue View Post
                    Then how about hitting the thread for it?...
                    He has. He's talking about my dual-projector build which isn't done yet.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

80% done with the projectors. Have to modify the housing so the halo rings will fit without a problem. Headlight housing is just resting on the rear seat of the bike so it's not sitting flush with the garage door
                      I had to cut a washer to move the HID bulb farther back from the housing so the focal point was proper.

Comment

The cut-off looks really weird. Not the sharp cut-off I got at all. Did I read right, that you used a washer/spacer to move the bulbs back in the projectors? That would definitely alter the focus.

(I did get my dual-retrofit done BTW. Works great.)

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                          The cut-off looks really weird.
                          Agreed, bad cutoff and out of focus.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

They're H3 bulbs and the HID h3's have a higher focal point than the halogens thus I had to move them farther back in the housing. I was test fitting these and it actually is really hard to find a good focal point for the bulb, the housings are definetly low quality, but any h3 housing is a POS

But my phone's camera was also darkening very much to compensate for how bright it was since the headlight was just a couple feet from the door. It was daylight out and the other garage door was open when I took the picture

I'm hooking the halos up to the turn signals (the halos are not on in the picture). Using flush mount LED's to fit in the oem location + integrated led tail + the halos.
                            I will say having 2 headlights is a must on the pre kats... that cyclops look just kills the whole bike..
                            Last edited by Lykkan; 07-20-2012, 04:23 AM.

Comment

As long as you like it

Comment

not really sure why you're hating...

Comment

Working...
                                X