X

Joey's POS to Sexy beast thread.. :D

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by magman View Post
    Lol sounds like something to plan then. by the way have you checked into the plastic sheeting that they use when they paint a room like the stuff they put over the floor to keep paint from getting on it. that stuff might work as well and you can buy it cheap.
    I haven't looked to far into it yet. My buddy is letting me borrow the sand blaster so it's a new development. I was going to use aircraft stripper and a wire brush on my drill lol. Was working fine but the sand blaster works better obviously.
    Follow my custom build thread! (check first post for major updates and to sell me parts!)

Free Parts

Comment

Keep up the good work.
      "Never trust a big-butt and a smile"
      96 Katana (down) ~ 09 Kawa ER6n

Comment

Originally posted by Jae_Rex View Post
        Keep up the good work.
        Lol I'll try. Currently just waiting for gaskets. Shouldn't be much longer then I can have the engine together and focus on the rest. You'd be shocked how much room a stripped down engine can take! Lol

Quick question:

I am using three bond to seal my crank. What one should I use? I am leaning to the 1194.
        Last edited by Yeoj112689; 07-21-2015, 11:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        Follow my custom build thread! (check first post for major updates and to sell me parts!)

Free Parts

Comment

Well I ended up getting the 1194.

Free Parts

Comment

Gasket kit is supposed to be in tomorrow. If it is I will start building

Free Parts

Comment

UPDATE: 7-28-15

I got my gaskets in and started the rebuild. Crank case is together and shifts flawlessly. I had to re try with the sealant like 3 times because it was such a bitch to get the forks to line up!

Free Parts

Comment

Lol well glad to see you eventually got it.

Comment

Originally posted by magman View Post
                  Lol well glad to see you eventually got it.
                  Yeah it was a pain in the dick alone. If I had help it would have been a bit easier.

Free Parts

Comment

Originally posted by Yeoj112689 View Post
                    So I got my RF900 rear shock and from what I see it has fluid in it. I cannot seem to find much about it online but if it does and its replaceable I would rather replace it now before placing it on the bike (in the future). Is this possible? Also there is the air tank with it. I think nitrogen goes in it but not sure. Any insight is welcome.

EDIT - JK I figured it out.
                    So, what I learned about the RF900 shock, is that it's probably incorrectly valved, under sprung, and out of nitrogen at this point in it's life. Would recommend having one built if possible... not sure if Tmod is still doing that or not.
                    -Steve

sigpic
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                      So, what I learned about the RF900 shock, is that it's probably incorrectly valved, under sprung, and out of nitrogen at this point in it's life. Would recommend having one built if possible... not sure if Tmod is still doing that or not.
                      Well it was opened when I received it. My buddy owns some shops and had a nitrogen compressor (machine?) for tires so I assume I can use that to pump it up. I planned on changing the oil anyway. I see on Tmod's website they rebuild it for $125. If I have issues with it I will go this route for sure.
                      Last edited by Yeoj112689; 07-29-2015, 06:42 PM.

Free Parts

Comment

UPDATE: 8-4-15

Well I ended up putting the engine together outside of the cams (sitting in but need timing down and bolted down) about a week ago but as it was I have been super busy so I haven't touched it since. I plan on doing the timing and putting on the extra bolt ons (alt, starter, clutch, etc) as well.

I need to order exhaust bolts as I busted one of them and I don't want to risk placing old bolts in for such a cheap cost. So once I order the bolts and they come in I will try to get it up and started on the engine stand with a fan blowing into the oil cooler.

One concern I ran into was some slight pitting on one of the cylinders. I do not know if I just missed it before or if it happened as I was waiting on parts. I doubt it would happen that fast. The pitting not terrible but I will do a pressure check and see if there is a leak and if so I will most likely look for a replacement cylinder sleeve.

Free Parts

Comment

UPDATE: 8-12-15

I put most of the engine and clutch together - the alt and starter.

Gonna be a month or so before anything major happens due to change in job and going to columbus for training/lapse in paychecks.

Will be doing anything I can that doesn't involve money for the next month.

Free Parts

Comment

Lol just left Magic Mountain in Columbus about 30 minutes ago

Comment

Hey guys just an update. I am still here, with the new job training I have been out of town and have not been able to do much. I will hopefully get back to it in the next two weeks.

I haven't given up lol.

Free Parts

Comment

Question: I have the entire engine together and pulled the clutch basket out. As I turn the transmission (not the crank) I hear a odd metal on metal noise about twice per rotation.

I felt in the hold of the crank case through where the clutch basket would be and felt the rod the transmission forks sit on. I could put pressure on it and it would stop the noise with rotation.

All gears work, spins freely in N and doesn't seem like an issue but the noise doesn't seem normal. I can take a video if it would help but does anyone know what this could be. I REALLY don't want to have to split the case again lol.

Free Parts

Comment

Working...
                                X