No announcement yet.
X

Cold Weather Starting, PRI etc...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What part of MN are you in? I am from there. Let that bad boy start on prime if needed. It could be that your plugs are fouled, or your carbs are dirty or outa sync. I got a buddy that has a shop in Blaine, and he has a LOT of experiance with them engines. If you are having problems with it, PM me, and I will give you his contact info.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Lou- I'd probably be interested in a tune up in the spring time. And also I need tires put on. Does he do that type of work for a better price then a dealer?

Comment

He doesn't have the equipment to do the tires, but there is a shop about 5 minutes from where his shop that does it for a very fair price. I took mine there (ordered my tired from AmericanMotoTire.com). His rates are a LOT cheaper than any other shops, and he can usually get everything done (depending on what you are having done) the same day you drop it off. Tune ups are easy, and you can prolly even stay there while he works on it. Maybe even learn how to do it yourself to save you money in the future
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Really PRI means prime? I live in upstate NY and it gets pretty cold. even though store my bike in 55deg. all year its a little stubborn to start in the spring. thanks guys I have to open my manual for a refresher....No joke I never thought to figure out what it was!!!!!moron........I'll have a beer now......

Comment

Working...
          X