X

Cold endeavour

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold endeavour

I took the bike out for a little ride the other day. I live in ohio and I think it was like 20 degrees and snowing. It sucked, but i want to keep the bike running all winter so i don't have to winterize it. It was kinda fun in a way because I got some strange looks, and I missed the performance of the bike. I was almost used to the slowness of my car (celica gt) but now i am reminded of it's horrible acceleration... oh well. winter can't hold me back.
    Flush twice... It's a long way to the kitchen.

haha ride on!

Long Live the D

Comment

Hey damien, good to hear from you. I've had mine pickled since Thanksgiving. I was already tired of freezing every time I rode. I hope to get it back out in late March if we get a nice warm weekend.

Now that I ride, winter just seems pointless.

Comment

Rock on.. braving the elements for the love of riding.. or is it for the denial that winter is actually here

Comment

Dude , it's been unusually mild in this area for like 2 weeks . Supposed to be near 60 tomorrow . Or is that later today . Anyway , I haven't winterized mine the last 3 winters either .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I rode mine to work today. not bad temp was 37. but the ride home should be superb. high today is supposed to be 68.

Comment

Originally posted by katana bob
              I rode mine to work today. not bad temp was 37. but the ride home should be superb. high today is supposed to be 68.
              Same here Bob. I rode to work today also. It was cold this morning, 34. But it'll be worth it this afternoon!!!! Supposed to be 66 here in KY!!!!
              Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I am hoping to get mine out here later today. Riding mine to work on Saturday. We are doing a photoshoot at the Store. Going to be a nice high of 47 on saturday.
                www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I am THIS close to de-winterizing my bike.. THIS close !

Comment

Shoulda , it was a nice spring day . Little windy , but not bad for mid-January .

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                      I KNOW better than to think that way until March or so...today it is blowing a gale and snowing like a bitch! There will be snow on the ground again for at least the next week and they use sooo much salt around here.

I really don't want to subject my bike to the salty roads here. As it is, I question why anyone would spend a premium on a new car in northern Ohio with all the salt on the roads five months out of the year. Even with the best rustproofing, your daily driver will be a rustbucket within 5 winters.

Comment

what sucks for me is that i bought a 2003 Polaris 800 about 3 weeks ago and I is just sitting there. Where i live they use sand on the roads in the winter so i can't even take the bike out if i wanted to.

Comment

I rode mine for a little bit Thursday. It was 55 and sunny. It felt like the back end was sliding out a little bit on turns. Not sure why. Maybe tires?
                          sigpic2000 Dupli-Color Metal Specks Red GSX750f

Comment

Maybe tires , maybe cold roads , maybe crap ON the roads . I felt something like that a couple times . I just figured it was the roads .

Comment

Originally posted by freight dog
                              Originally posted by WildKat
                              I KNOW better than to think that way until March or so...today it is blowing a gale and snowing like a biatch! There will be snow on the ground again for at least the next week and they use sooo much salt around here.

I really don't want to subject my bike to the salty roads here. As it is, I question why anyone would spend a premium on a new car in northern Ohio with all the salt on the roads five months out of the year. Even with the best rustproofing, your daily driver will be a rustbucket within 5 winters.

and as I sit here listening to the 50mph wind gusts, light rain to boot, and temps in the 30's today.. yeah as much as I wanna take it out, PA is way too well known for crazy winters.. just when u think ur in the clear for awhile.. BAM !! mother nature brings u back to reality..

Comment

Working...
                              X