X

cali custom streetfighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cali custom streetfighter

This bike has been in the works forca while and I nearly gave up on it but I finally sat down toget the idea settled and drawn out. I have an 06 600 that iI plan to take 10" off the rear and the rear fairing as well. The idea is to have it look like a "hyper stock" kind of situation. As that idea floated through my head I kept looking at that front end and didn't like how barren it*looked. So I went looking at other simple cowlings but didn't like the funky street fighter ones so I ended up looking at a Harley sportster front end. Now I knew that they don't make them for katanas, so I decided to make my own. As of now I have a rough shape made out and slowly going to form it up and sand it down till I get the desired shape.

That is the concept and the direction I'm going.

Nice! What's that can modeled after? I'm thinking of going in a similar direction with mine.
    First motorcycle - new project
    1992 Suzuki GSX600F Katana

Comment

Its off of an r6 I belive

Comment

looks good not a bad idea

Comment

Update as of now. The tail has been cropped and all I'm using from the original is the tail cone. From there I will be doing custom fiberglass to finish off the tail and form a new seat from the pan. The front end is still work in progress but will come after the tail end is redone.
          Attached Files

Comment

Interesting. You going to do anything with the exhaust? At least from the angle of that pic, it looks a tad funny with the can sticking out so far with such a sort tail. My .02
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I'm still deciding as to what to do with the exhaust. I just put it on for the time being to kick it over. I'm thinking of a short can or gp but I keep reading all the nightmares about tuning the bike after a change like that. I will admit the long exhaust does look goofy
              Last edited by moonchanger; 12-02-2014, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by moonchanger View Post
                I'm still deciding as to what to do with the exhaust. I just put it on for the time being to kick it over. I'm thinking of a short can or gp but I keep reading all the nightmares about tuning the bike after a change like that. I will admit the long exhaust does look goofy

any progress on this? its nice seeing someone do a single seater with a cowl, getting tired of bikes just being stripped down and called streetfighters

Comment

Working...
                X