Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Rebuild Parts

**EDITED**
    Here's what I use for a complete rebuild for a set of carbs for Kats:

(4) Diaphragm bottom O-rings....Size #7 common plumbing part…..…4*$0.25=$1.00
    (4) Large O-rings for floats……....Part # 13374-35C00…..................4*$3.30=$13.20
    (4) Small O-rings for floats.........Part # 13374-46710…………………….….4*$2.40=$9.60
    (4) Rubber stopper plugs............Part # 13357-34C00………………………..4*$2.45=$9.80
    (4) Bowl gaskets.......................Part # 13258-44B00………………………4*$5.30=$21.20
    (4) O-rings for vacuum ports.......Part # 13509-17C00……………………….4*$2.30=$9.20

ALL PARTS are the same for ALL KATS 88-06, 600 & 750, except that the 98+ ones don't need the O-rings for the vacuum ports.
    I also use the rubber boots that go on the fuel lines T's between carbs 1&2 and between carbs 3&4. I need to check on those prices & part numbers.

I also use brand new Suzuki fuel lines and clamps. I normally change those out also..........especially if it’s my bike!!
    For EARLY KATS ONLY:
    (1) Long fuel Hose, Carbs 3 & 4..............Part # 09343-07501..........7x12x350.........$8.60
    (1) Short Fuel Hose, Carbs 1 & 2.............Part # 09343-07502..........7x12x150..........$5.40
    (2) Clamps Bottoms........Part # 09401-12403.........2*$0.80=$1.60
    (2) Clamps Tops.............Part # 09401-11407.........2*$1.20=$2.40

(98+ Kats take ONE fuel line only. It goes between carbs 2 & 3.)

I normally keep several sets of these parts here in stock for my own use. Sometimes it takes a week to get restocked......

PM or E-mail me if you need some…………

I take PayPal and can usually ship quick!

Don't forget to note WITH YOUR PAYMENT what the heck the money is for.....SPECIFICALLY!! Also note the yr & size of your Kat just to be sure..........
    I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
    Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
    Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

What about the float needle valve?
    I was able to get a GS550 (the carb is supposed to be the same for the pre98 750) to work, but it is not the same part. I bought 4 rebuild kits from Old Bike Barn.
    Some parts fit, bowl gasket, o-rings but the needle valves were shorter. The rubber tips to my valves were
    so bad that one fell apart. Can you tell me why the
    kit is available (SGP) for the GS carb but not the GSXF?

And what do you do about the valve?

So far I've yet to have to replace very many float needles or valves......I can get them new, and I have about a dozen good used ones........

I've not yet found anyone that carries a rebuild kit for Kats.....don't know why.

Comment

black.......i just replaced my needle valves. you can go to bike barn like you did, and they had them for my '92 750. also try www.motorcyclecarbs.com i think that is it. they got them. they also are the same for the gsxr around the same age. mine actually were from gsxr750 i think 1993 model.

I think they don't make them specific alot of places because they use the plastic floats that are one piece.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Cheers BM80!
        Good info

Comment

there are the actual needle valves for the kat. i know my '92 is listed, just check the list. still little pricey, but cheaper than 50 bucks a pop for floats. i have talked to them alot and they even offered saying if big enough interest they would provide a carb rebuild kit for the kats. if you need a part, they got it pretty much. i have never bought from them, but they always reply quick with a link to product.

The ones i got that were meant to be for the gsxr, i put them in and gas pooring out everywhere. i couldn't figure it out what was the problem. THe over all length of my stock needles valve was the same as the new, but where the wire hoop was lower on the gsxr ones. so the gsxr ones had a longer spring tip, but same overall length. I fixed it by using a file to carefully file down the height of the body that the valve sits in and 1000+ miles later no problems.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by BarMatt80
            The ones i got that were meant to be for the gsxr, i put them in and gas pooring out everywhere.
            See that sounds like my experience..
            The carb on the Kat is used on the GS550,
            but the spring was slightly different.
            I got them to work and intend on changeing the
            rest soon but I goofed up one (trying to change the
            rubber tip) I'd rather order another kit from OBB.
            That way all the needles are the same.
            I just think it's off that such a common crb was so hard to
            find a complete kit.. At least one that didn't involve buying the
            float.. ($80 each from the dealer BTW)
            EDIT:

I followed that link. Looks right to me.
            However the kit from OBB was about the same price if I'm not mistaken.
            It included most of the o-rings too.
            Most importantly the bowl gasket

Comment

Yup..
              Here is the kit. It isn't the same one I ordered but
              isn't this the same for all pre 98 750?
              After all it referances the GSXR engine.

17 bucks..
              Supplying new parts for Vintage Motorcycles! Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha and Harley-Davidson. Old Bike Barn has what you need for your vintage motorcycle project!

Comment

No stopper plugs though

Comment

No..

Comment

i don't see how you would need the stopper plugs unless you lost them.....mine are originals i presume and look brand spankin new. yeah black...referenced to the gsxr and the gsx....i think same carbs just the gsxr or well some of them had press in needle valve seats..........my gsxr kit i got it came with like 4 orings and the bowl orings....the bowls work and i think 2 of the orings worked on the bottom of the float. that should get you going....only thing might have to file down what i stated above. i recommend filling bowls with gas before putting on bike, so yo udon't ruin an airfilter and oil.

Comment

...........the rubber stoppers need to fit snugly into their seats above the pilot jets. Over time, and with gas pouring over them, they tend to shrink, allowing air gaps. Any time I've rebuilt a set of these carbs, (over 100 times in 3 years), I've always replaced these stopper plugs. Very low priced parts............
                      I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                      Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                      Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Are those stoper plugs on the pilot jet supposed to be in every carb? I took mine apart and I only had two, #1&3 if I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by stangdude22
                          Are those stoper plugs on the pilot jet supposed to be in every carb? I took mine apart and I only had two, #1&3 if I remember correctly.
                          Yes , EVERY carb is supposed to have one . If one carb don't have something the rest do , you probably found your problem ....
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

yeah, that would make sense, lol. Where do I get them?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by stangdude22
                              yeah, that would make sense, lol. Where do I get them?

Thanks
                              if that is all you are getting are 4 of those small rubber caps...i say local stealership. Because of no shipping charge, and it is said that if they are instock at the warehouse, then it should take like 4 days for them to get them (in theory). I personally would go to bikebandit or ronayers and print out the appropriate fiche diagram and take it to them with the part highlighted so they don't have any way to mess it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X