X

Upper shock/handle bar Loose HELP!! With picture

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper shock/handle bar Loose HELP!! With picture

Good afternoon friends !! I need help please !!! I just did valve cover gasket and plugs on my 750.. I'm done bike starts and all ,, now I notice my handle bar has massive play around the area where you can adjust the stifness\'softness causing like a clunking noise because of the metal to metal ,,...how would this happen? And where or what can I tighten this to resolve the issue ? I just want to ride thank you for the information
    Attached Files

Thanks for any info ,!!!!!!

Comment

By the looks of that pic you need to raise the front back up and torque the 4 bolts on the triple tree, Unfortunately I am not sure at the moment what they need to be torque to, I believe it is something like 16ft# or maybe 23ft# but not sure. I will check and post that info after I get home if no one else posts it for you first.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Couple of things...

The top plate is held on by 4 bolts under the small "caps". There are rubber bushings under that to reduce vibration to the handlebars. Due to the rubber... some play/movement is normal.

Take a pick or small screwdriver to lift the caps off and check the bolts just incase.

Also, the whole top assembly is held in place with a large bolt under your hand in the pick. Under that is nut that holds the lower triple in place.

I would suggest you check you have no play in the triple and make sure your bearings are in good working order, have no notches or catching. You may need to toque the nut under the top bar on the triple to tighten things back up some there.

Finally... not sure how much specifically you have the front lowered, but I would strongly suggest no more than 3/4" past the top of the plate. More than that would mean your lower triple can hit your fork lowers/seals causing physical damage.

First thing though, check that top plate and the 4 bolts.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks for the advice I'm going to look into all the information ,, once again thanks I shall keep everyone updated

Comment

Working...
          X