X

yet another carb rebuild parts needed question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yet another carb rebuild parts needed question

just trying to figure out what parts i need for a minor rebuild , bike didnt get used for a wile carbs are cloged ,

2006 750 kat

http://www.ronayers.com/Fiche/TypeID...oup/CARBURETOR_

im guessing number 18 and 25 although 25 is a bit expensive to order 4 of those so i think i wont do those , i read something about the VALVE ASSY, NEEDLE 20 on rebuild thread, but at 50 each i dont think so...
    sigpic

To be honest bro I'm not the best person to ask about carb rebuild.

Comment

If it's just a matter of needing to clean the carbs, not fix a leak then you may be able to re-use the o-rings and bowl seals. O-rings are cheap to replace, though if you can get them from somewhere other than Suzuki. Try taking those o-rings to your local Fastenal store and see if they carry the right sizes. Watch the o-ring cross-section. Too thick of an o-ring won't work even if the inner diameter is right.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

You can use this list as a starting point but it's not 100% applicable to the post bikes

-Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Suzuki GSX750 Katana GSF1200 Carburetor Repair Kit NEW That's really all you need.

Comment

thanks arsenic, i did see that kit on ebay but i didnt know it was for my bike , also how can that kits include the VALVE ASSY, NEEDLE so cheep compaird to the price of 50 for that at ronayers , just some real cheepy?

and thanks steves for the wiki link , just wish their was a video or many pics so i know for sure , as i cant understand half what i read of anything lol
            Last edited by Malloc; 03-27-2012, 05:12 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

No, they aren't "cheapy". Why someone in their right mind (or even their left mind) would pay $50+ for one is beyond me.

Comment

Have you downloaded and read Carbs 102

Comment

BTW, those are K&L rebuild kits. K&L is good quality stuff. Nothing at all wrong with them.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                    Have you downloaded and read Carbs 102

http://katriders.com/wiki/images/8/8f/Carbs102a.pdf

thanks i was searchign for it for a wile i did not find it in search or cruising pages

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                    BTW, those are K&L rebuild kits. K&L is good quality stuff. Nothing at all wrong with them.

perfect thats all i wanted to hear

btw is their anyplace localy i could find just the number 18 gastket and those look a bit in need of anythign i can see so far , i guess its holder jet o ring

http://www.ronayers.com/Fiche/TypeID...oup/CARBURETOR_

O RING
                    Last edited by Malloc; 03-27-2012, 07:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    sigpic

Comment

I order them in bulk from McMaster-Carr. They are M5 x 2mm (5mm ID x 9mm OD) Viton o-rings. You can order 25 of them from McMaster-Carr for the price of two.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                        I order them in bulk from McMaster-Carr. They are M5 x 2mm (5mm ID x 9mm OD) Viton o-rings. You can order 25 of them from McMaster-Carr for the price of two.
                        have an actual link i can go to directly? im not good at searching stuff on sites , most sites **** me off , trying to get them fast too before weekend
                        sigpic

Comment

Viton® fluoroelastomer 5mm x 2mm metric o-ring

Comment

Working...
                          X