X

Bluetooth earpiece for my helmet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth earpiece for my helmet

Since I'm on call 24/7 for the IT dept at work, it looks like I need to get a Bluetooth setup for my cell phone. All the ones I have found so far are for open face helmets with a stupid boom mic that sticks out front. Don't think that would work very well at 90mph. Anybody know of anything that I could integrate into my helmet so it's all inside?
    Black IS the fastest color!

Apparently the sound cancelling on these are awesome, but I've never talked to someone that's used them on the road. One of my boss' in New York was going to try it in his helmet, but I haven't heard back from him.

One point to note, keep the conversations short and sweet

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

You could also try getting a throat mic that works with a bluetooth adapter of some kind. They don't have issues with wind. Also, the boom mic would work even with a FF helmet. Just tuck it inside the chin guard. It will actually do a better job of canceling wind noise than one without the felt cover.
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

Nolan N102 & N84 series NCom helmets are built with a bluetooth adaptor available as an integrated snap-in part for the helmet. The sound quality on their N102 & N84 helmets is pretty awesome compared to most helmets on the market, plus you get the benefit of a flip-open full-face lid in the case of the N102 (I own one sans the blue-tooth, wired up for stereo to my iPod). It won't be cheap, but no blue-tooth option for a moving bike is. Cheapest prices on Nolan's I've found have consistently been through HelmetShop.com, a little helmet-specific vendor in Daytona Beach, FL. Oh, and if you haven't heard of Nolan, just look at Valentino Rossi's head in some of his 2007 race pics -- he's running an N84 these days

Meanwhile, ChatterBox has just announced they are offering a blue-tooth enabled FRS based helmet radio. Chatterbox seems to hold most of the US market, but I have to say that I've never been pleased with their products (two of them failed in the first week on me due to rain exposure while riding).

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I bought a Scala Rider bluetooth setup on eBay for around $50.00 (Australian bucks, which are currently worth around 85c US).

It's fine with my full-face Nolan.
          "If they think you're crude, go technical. If they think you're technical, go crude."

Comment

Working...
          X