X

Paint has me "BLUE"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint has me "BLUE"

A little back story: project is going great guys. track down this part. put it on.. use incorrect battery size after cleaning carbsto test engine, Fires up and runs. check plugs, didn't even have to use the wire brush. merrily strolling along.

Gets a silver keyless gas cap to match silver painted on suzuki lettering: SWEET! turn to the rest of the body fairing, will need a skim ofbondo and paint..paint? where did i put the paint?.. oh i dont have any. let my just buy some... well that was over a week ago.. I can't find any paint info! and just like that my project has grinded to a halt

tanks is a bit greasy from shop hands touching it. I cant mount lights or anything until I mock up and color the fairings

its a 93 750 the fairings are the same color with a graphic overlay.. the front fender doesnt match at all. but its blue too.. I found about 20 shades of blue here: https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/...lor-codes.aspx

I even resized the picture this time

can someone get me close?? im even planning to buy a fancy paint gun to paint since I know it wont even be close in aerosol...

I have high hopes for that "pearl medium blue" color but I cant find the exact code. i have looked over the bike but it didn't come with a manual..

it could also be "vigor Blue".. but even that color has a "pearl" alternate and different code (my eyes are starting to water)

i know that my paint doesn't have any flakes in it or anything..
    Do the pearl color shift or refract differently in light? idk guys..
    Last edited by kbotk89; 10-07-2015, 01:26 PM.
    93 Kat 750
    02 RAM 1500
    04 BMW X3
    ..and a Pair of Hyo GT's

Take your tank off the bike and bring it to a Dupont or Ditzler paint supplier. They can scan the tank and come up with an exact professional paint match. Very worth while doing if you do not intend to repaint everything.

Comment

Working...
    X