2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
    sigpic

Comment

Welcome aboard!
      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by KatDawg View Post
        Welcome aboard!! I totally read this whole thing with an Australian accent! lol
        How nice for you KatDawg.

You know, we Kiwis often get mistaken for Australians.

Much like you Yanks get mistaken for Canadians I imagine.

Originally posted by cameron View Post
        why the dollar? figure there is a story behind he one buck price. welcome to katana riders.
        I wish there was a cool story. But really, the owner bought a Blackbird and parked this in the shed as he got bored with it.

Twelve years went by and his wife told him to clean the shed. He couldn't be bothered so she threatened to take it to the dump. Then she found out what the dumping fee was.

So it was put on the local auction site for a $1 reserve.

But she didn't want to pay the listing fees so she put it in the same category as the home crafts stuff she was listing, describing it as "for a classic motorbike collector ...we have a katana that can be used for parts"

I've been home sick with the swine flu - yes it's reached here - all week with nothing to do but surf the 'net and feel sorry for myself. I was checking out the $1 auctions on the auction site and found the listing. At least I thought I might have some parts to flick off at a profit to finance some computer or bike stuff. And it being in Upper Hutt made it all the more inviting...

Took a punt (didn't tell my wife of course) and bid the dollar with about four hours to go.

and scored the bike.

Sometimes you just get lucky I guess. Still, there's a hell of a lot of work to do before I get to ride it...
        Last edited by riffer; 07-03-2009, 11:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Nice score!

~wave~!

Comment

I've always hated the expression "every cloud has a silver lining", but in this case I guess it is true. If you hadn't been home with the swine flu you might not have found the bike. Can't beat the price! Have fun getting it up and going!
            "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR!
              Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

Working...
              X