Katana of the Month - September 2007 – kwebbel

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Suzuki Katana Talk

Suzuki Katana Talk KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.

View Poll Results: Do you isolate your Kat in a lot (far from other cars), but you come out to find a car parked right
Yes. It happens all the time. 13 31.71%
No. You're being paranoid. 18 43.90%
I never noticed. 10 24.39%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2006, 12:51 PM   #1
Katanamus
Chicken Strip

Default PARKING LOT PARKING.

I was just wondering if this happens to anyone else besides me.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:04 PM   #2
philwecksr
came home with V.D.

eBay ID: philwecksr

I don't make a point of parking far away from everybody. As a matter of fact, I've gotten into the habit of parking in those hashed off areas right up front (unless next to handicapped parking cuz they would knock it over I fear) or even on the sidewalk right in front of the store. Nobody ever seems to mind, somebody asked once and I said I didn't want it to get stolen and they seemed to think that was legit enough.

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
-Robert Morrison

"
well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

philwecksr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:11 PM   #3
macgyver
Kat Daddy

It's funny you bring this up because it just happened to me today. I was at Burger King today over lunch and I parked where I normally do, a space to small to fit any car or garbage dumpster in with two cage spots, 1 running right parallel with me and another running the opposite way. This is in the rear of the lot in a corner. I eat lunch and come out to notice a F-150 parked right beside me. The owner is sleeping in the drivers seat for some reason. This kinda thing doesn't bother me as long as they don't hit the bike when backing in although I thought it was kinda strange that he parked there when there was about 35 other spaces around. Maybe he just wanted to be away from the fuss when he took his nap. Come to think of it he might have been dead because the whole time I stood there smoking my cig I did not see him move a wink, even when I started my Kat up right beside him.

macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:12 PM   #4
skotty
Tank Slapper

I didnt really notice untill now. But yesterday, after I came back from a vacation, a friend told me that someone knocked my bike over my bike, and when they saw it, it was lying on the ground. My right rear footpeg broke and there were a few scratches on the front right side fairing. I am really pi$$ed at whoever did it, cause I am at a loss now. I guess I'll park it in a safe spot next time.

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!
skotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:19 PM   #5
macgyver
Kat Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by skotty
I didnt really notice untill now. But yesterday, after I came back from a vacation, a friend told me that someone knocked my bike over my bike, and when they saw it, it was lying on the ground. My right rear footpeg broke and there were a few scratches on the front right side fairing. I am really pi$$ed at whoever did it, cause I am at a loss now. I guess I'll park it in a safe spot next time.
That really sucks man, was it in a parking lot with lots of people in it because someone might have seen what happened to it. It is a possibility that it just feel over on it's own as well. I am always worried about coming out and seeing something like this
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:26 PM   #6
skotty
Tank Slapper

yeah, someone did see it, and left a number. Initially I thought it was the person who dropped the bike that left the number. So I was almost about to vent to the person who picked the phone, but I kept my cool. The lady on the line said that it was her neice who had seen what happened and that she would be home the next day. I am really hoping to get to the bottom of this. I have put this up in a post just now;

http://www.katriders.com/forums/view...=320492#320492
skotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:05 PM   #7
The CyberPoet
Cloud Rider

eBay ID: MotorcycleAnchor, and TheCyberPoet

I don't get freaked out about cars parking next to me unless I parked on the sidewalk to begin with...
The ones that bug me are the ones over the lines, parked partially into my space, because it tells me they don't know their vehicles well enough to know where their corners are and are potentially dangerous to me in traffic... and to the bike in parking lots... which is often why I like to park on the sidewalk.

Cheers,
=-= The CyberPoet
Old 08-31-2006, 02:56 PM   #8
Mojoe
I let "things" slide

eBay ID: riven38

I park my bike pretty much in the same fashion I park my car......in a regular parking spot.
In 25 years, only once did someone actually hit it, and they knocked it over.
I pocketed about $2k from it......so let the fookers knock it over if they like. In fact, I encourage it.

Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:00 PM   #9
tzortn
Kat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojoe
I park my bike pretty much in the same fashion I park my car......in a regular parking spot.
+1

I hate seeing bikes parked on the sidewalk or in marked off areas. It just enforces the idea that bikers are trouble makers that do not follow the rules.
tzortn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:03 PM   #10
The CyberPoet
Cloud Rider

eBay ID: MotorcycleAnchor, and TheCyberPoet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzortn
I hate seeing bikes parked on the sidewalk or in marked off areas. It just enforces the idea that bikers are trouble makers that do not follow the rules.
Might not hate it so much if there were zero car spots left because all the bikers took car parking spaces (happens frequently in this area because of the population explosion).

Cheers,
=-= The CyberPoet
The CyberPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Suzuki Katana Talk