X

Tinted

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinted

I tinted my front signals last night, got them on. I'm happy with how they came out. What do you think. this is a bad shot from my phone. more, higher quality ones tommorow.
    Attached Files

nice...what did u use to tint them?
    -100% JEDI-

Comment

VHT nightshades. i believe that is 3-4 coats. i still have to wetsand and possible clear coat to bring some shine to it. jus couldnt wait to get it on the bike haha

Comment

i was thinking about tinting mine blue...to match my bike...but idk....

i was thinking about installing LEDS in the housing to have forward running lights
        03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
        04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
        08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
        10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
        05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

I was gonna ask if you used VHT or not...they're gonna look goood when you finish them

Comment

sunbird- thanks alot, i was just to eager, and the weather was beautiful here friday so i had to throw them on.
            phil- i know exactly what you mean with the running lights comment. with these you are invisible at night, until you signal. its rough. if you do the LEDs leme know 1) how it goes, and 2) how to do them haha

Comment

you said that was only 3-4 coats and it looks like it already has a shine to it,in the picture, so you plan on wet sanding it then clearing it? will that improve it allot?
              Every dog has his day,
              And some lucky F**kers
              Even have two!

Comment

my phone took the pic with a bright flash so it may look shinier. my friend did the same 3-4 coats on his car. wetsanded and it came out very very smooth. its impossible to see from this pic but its not a smooth finish, you can feel the small bumps. im going to try on a spare lense that i tinted at the same time just so i dont do something irreversible to it.

Comment

cool let me know how it works out please I plan on doing the same thing to a different vehicle and want to know the best way to do it.
                  Every dog has his day,
                  And some lucky F**kers
                  Even have two!

Comment

Working...
                  X