X

Chains and Sprockets...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chains and Sprockets...

I know that this has been covered a lot, but I can't seem to find exactly what I need while searching.

I have a 97 600, and from what I gather on here, if stock I have a 15 tooth on the front, 47 tooth on the rear, and a 118 link chain. Correct?

Now, from everything I'm reading here, I think that I want to go up to 50 in the rear, which means that I'll need to add at least 3 links, but they are only sold in evens, so I'll have to get a 122 link.

Hopefully I'm getting all of this right so far.

Now... Where should I buy the kit from? I've been searching places like sumofallparts, parts411, and things like that, and can't seem to find a place that will let me choose custom sizes. Or if they do, they won't let me stay with a 530 chain, and want me to go to a 520.

I believe I want to stay with a 530, because from what I read it'll last longer.

Where can I buy these from? What's a decent price for it?

for a pre 98 600 it's 15 45 with a 112 link chain. Qualitysmart.com that vortex sprockets distributer.

Comment

Pre-98 600's have the smaller rear sprocket and shorter swingarms which makes the chain 6 links shorter.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
      who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
        for a pre 98 600 it's 15 45 with a 112 link chain. Qualitysmart.com that vortex sprockets distributer.
        Hey , I been looking for a 50T sprocket , and they seem to have BLACK ones ! Hells yeah ! Now to find a good price on a 122 link RK XSO ..... I can find 120's all day , and for less than $60 , but no 122's .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Hmm... I guess if I jump up to 50T that's going to be a pretty decent jump...

So if it's 45T now, with a 112 chain, I would need at least a 117 link chain. Right? Which I know they only sell them in even numbers, so I should be straight with a 120?

I'm just trying to make sure I don't end up with a hundred dollars worth of parts I can't use.

Thanks all!

Comment

When in doubt , buy long . You can cut off long links . I'm looking for a 122 myself just to be sure .
            Pre98 600/750 have different swingarms , so different length chains . Don't go by my numbers ...
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by phool
              So if it's 45T now, with a 112 chain, I would need at least a 117 link chain. Right? Which I know they only sell them in even numbers, so I should be straight with a 120?
              Why not just get a 118 link chain? A 116 would be too short, and a 120 too long. 118 is a stock length for Katanas so should be no issue to get one that length. But like MD said, you can always cut off the excess. It's adding to it that sucks.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
              who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Working...
              X