X

Longer/Lower rear brake lever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longer/Lower rear brake lever?

My foot cramps up pretty bad when i'm riding with it above the rear brake lever. But when i moved the lever down one sprocket on the shaft it hits part of the frame. Is there anyone that makes a longer brake lever, or one with more of a curve that will clear the part that hits?
    If this isn't clear i can post pictures of what i'm talking about after I get out of work.
    - Bakken (Bah-Kin)

-----------------------------------------------------

What about heating it up with a torch or something, and bending it slightly? May need to be stripped of paint first though, and repainted after (I can't remember if they are pianted or not....)
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Well, you shouldn't be riding with your foot over the brake anyways, the balls of you feet should be on the riding peg

Comment

That's actually how my feet have been while i'm riding, but for some reason i thought that was wrong and they were supposed to be more foreward I guess that solves my problem, thanks.
        - Bakken (Bah-Kin)

-----------------------------------------------------

Comment

There is an adjustment that is hard to get to, but is there, at the master cylinder linkage for the rear brake lever (on the 98+, it's hiding behind the frame member above the swing arm). Using that, you can adjust the brake lever position up and down readily... It's such a PIA to do that I recommend removing the rear wheel to get at it.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
          X