Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Fork Bushings

Inner: FMBI 41201 P $21
    Outer: FMBO 41152 P $19

While replacing the seals on the forks I notice the bushings are worn and need replacing. I am wanting to make sure these part numbers are accurate before ordering. Bought through Amazon both in Pairs for about $40. So far that is about the best price I can find if they part numbers are accurate.

I have pulled the bushings off and notice that the new inner bushing 41201, is a bit wider than the original. With the new bushing and seal it sits almost flush with the top of the bottom portion of the fork. I am following the manual and the write "How To: Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks" which is great.

I guess my question is, is this the normal amount of driving to be expected to seat the seal or do I not have the inner bushing set enough yet?

Comment

I am sorry..Outer bushings not inner. Has no one seen this before? Took the bushings to a local shop to ask questions and they said to contact Race Tech, which I have. Awaiting a reply. I could buy a set off ebay but eventually will need to replace those bushings as well. Are there forks that can swap without any issue from maybe a GSX model?

Last edited by BGon; 01-19-2016, 06:08 PM.

Comment

I had the same issue when I ordered parts from racetech for my 06 600. I didn't want to deal with the hassle of returning them and just ordered the OEM bushing from ronayers. The new from racetech bushing won't fit, so you'll have to do something about it one way or the other.
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Yep told Race Tech about that issue when I was working for them and as usual they don't listen to the worker bee's.

Tmod

Comment

Told them about it too and the response I got was that the wrong part is listed for the 06 and that R&D was looking into it. Ended up ordering them through the dealership for a bit more than Ron Ayers site or BikeBandit but I can carry my originals in when I go to pay for it to make sure before paying for it.
            51152-11D60 is the Ron Ayers part number as well as what Bike Bandit said their online part number referenced.

Good learning experience I suppose. Even with the added hassle I still have enjoyed doing it myself and saving the $300.

Comment

Working...
            X