Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEWS: Suzuki Pre-Owned Select™ Certified Pre-owned MC Prg

NEWS: Suzuki Pre-Owned Select™ Certified Pre-owned Motorcycle Program

Directly verbatim from the press release:

American Suzuki Motor Corporation (ASMC) recently announced a unique program designed to offer consumers an affordable alternative when purchasing a motorcycle. The initiative also provides Suzuki dealers a competitive edge in the showroom. The Suzuki Select™ Certified Pre-owned Motorcycle Program, announced at the company’s National Motorcycle Dealer Meeting, Sept. 24-26 in Las Vegas, is scheduled to launch this month.

“Motorcycle customers don’t always know what they are getting when they buy a used bike from a private party,” said Glenn Hansen, communications manger, ASMC Motorcycle/ATV Division. “With Suzuki Select, consumers can walk into a dealership and choose a pre-owned street motorcycle or scooter with confidence, knowing that it has been through a thorough inspection and is in top condition.”

The Suzuki Select program is designed for Suzuki street motorcycles and scooters only. To be certified, the bike must be less than four years old, have less than 30,000 miles and pass a rigorous 77-point inspection by an authorized Suzuki technician. In addition, Suzuki Select motorcycles and scooters come equipped with a standard 90-day extended protection plan that can be upgraded to 12, 24 or 36 months, as well as 90-day roadside assistance, which also is renewable. In-store financing will be available on approved credit.
    -more-

Suzuki dealers must meet several requirements to showcase Suzuki Select certified products, including the employment of one or more Suzuki qualified and trained technicians. Participating dealers also must receive high customer service scores, be in good standing with ASMC’s credit department and must agree to comply with all program criteria. Suzuki also has created point-of-purchase materials for Suzuki Select, including posters, brochures, hangtags, headlamp stickers, ad slicks and more to help dealers effectively launch the program at retail.

Suzuki’s goal is to help dealers increase profits as well as develop future customers interested in returning to the dealership to purchase new bikes and scooters. The wide reach of the program, similar to others in the auto industry, truly can impact Suzuki dealer’s profits.

“Suzuki Select is a great program for dealers and customers,” said Hansen. “Dealers can enjoy increased floor traffic, new customers and unique marketing opportunities, while consumers can enjoy most of the new bike benefits at pre-owned prices.”
    Remember The CyberPoet

exellent marketing strategy and peace of mind for the layman (such as myself)
    One who is a Samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night... the fact that he has to die." -- The Code of the Samurai

Comment

I'm surprised it took them so long.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Great idea. I bet the other companies will follow this.
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

I love marketing... this is also known as the "Overpriced Used Bike Program."

Certified Used - yes, we will vouch for the fact that this is a used bike. We even changed the brake pads and everything.
          I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
          X