No announcement yet.
X

Frame Slider questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, the Kat come stock with frame sliders. Most people call them fairings, but they are wonderful at keeping the frame from being damaged in a slide...:P
    '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

Fairings? :
      Live and Lean.
      When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
      "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
      Romans 3:23

Comment

Originally posted by TheKlic
        Fairings? :
        What he said...

Comment

Like I said, the Kat came stock with them... Covers up all of the uglies.
          '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

My sliders protect those $750 worth of fariings
            www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
            Katana Frame Sliders
            The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
            98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
            I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

So would they more accurately called fairing sliders? Then again, if the bike is sliding, they would probably get swiped backwards... Better call them "fairing protective tip-over bumpers"

Comment

Hey Braunstein, if he buys a set from you, can you please do the QA and make sure he gets a good set? I don't want someone else getting two for the same side with the holes tapped at the edge like mine...
                -Tiny

'05 Katana 600

Comment

I really hope your joking, they are univeral for both sides all you have to do is disassemble turn the top and bottom plates around and reassemble.
                  www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
                  Katana Frame Sliders
                  The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
                  98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
                  I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

Originally posted by BRAUNSTEIN82
                    I really hope your joking, they are univeral for both sides all you have to do is disassemble turn the top and bottom plates around and reassemble.
                    That would work if the holes had been drilled and tapped straight...
                    -Tiny

'05 Katana 600

Comment

i'm new

Comment

and trying to get my 10 posts.

Comment

so i can see the frame slider by braunstein92

Comment

why do they make you do 10 posts before you can see the parts section?

Comment

i'm sure theres a good reason....off to another section weeeeee

Comment

They were tit to put on ......painted up the brackets to match my painted fairing... had to only drill out 1 spacer a bit 1/16" to make it fit... glad i got them ....thanx Matt !
                                sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

Working...
                                X