X

ANOTHER bad day (long story...)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlakKat
    here in Va that bus driver can take your tag number and you will be mailed the ticket!!!! you admitted to passing in a no passing zone? you should be happy you didn't get any further B*S if it was a true officer of the law.....maybe think about keeping your pipe quiet just in case there was a report filed....
    Man, I can't believe you are FLAMEING him! There is a bigger issue, here, everybody else seems to see it, why not you? Not trying to be totally in your case, but come ON. I know school buses are full of kids, and should be accorded a bit of extra respect- I NEVER speed thru school zones, but his description of the pass shows he did it fairly safely.
    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB
      Originally posted by BlakKat
      here in Va that bus driver can take your tag number and you will be mailed the ticket!!!! you admitted to passing in a no passing zone? you should be happy you didn't get any further B*S if it was a true officer of the law.....maybe think about keeping your pipe quiet just in case there was a report filed....
      Man, I can't believe you are FLAMEING him! There is a bigger issue, here, everybody else seems to see it, why not you? Not trying to be totally in your case, but come ON. I know school buses are full of kids, and should be accorded a bit of extra respect- I NEVER speed thru school zones, but his description of the pass shows he did it fairly safely.
      i'm not flaming him....you guys LOVE playing the victim role...and you suck at it...i stated how it is here where i live, and it may be that way in other places....the OP admitted here and to the flagger/LEO/rent-a-cop that he made an (admittedly) illegal pass of a loaded schoolbus...."fairly" safely or not, it was illegal....and all you guys are encouraging him to take it further.....why not accept that he "got off" and not make racket? remember the squeeky wheel may get the grease, but it also draws attention.....that coupled with the fact that we know side A of the event, and don't know side B, or the usual truth that lies somewhere in the middle.....and there is a lesson....don't act stupid and this stuff won't happen....i read about alot of folks on this site and their obvious LACK of respect, when they drop a helmet on thier head, for the law....and i laugh my butt off...been riding nearly 20 years and have only been pulled ONE time by a cop....and that was to appologise for nearly wiping me out when he did a U-turn....ride safe AND smart, your life depends on it.
      Just ride.....

Comment

Alright , that "one side of the story" comment has OFFICIALLY driven me nuts . There IS only one side to the story , and that's the side I posted . No embellishments , nothing to make the story better . This I promise . I'll say this once .... I believe in "a man is only as good as his word" . If I say " I promise" or some such , take me at my word , or we WILL have a problem . THAT was why I got all indignant when I heard the "cop" tell me what the bus driver said . I wanted to pummel him right freakin there . I do NOT like my word being challeneged ....
        Now , moving on , I was ALSO not "playing the victim" . I was merely relating my "interesting" day . Makes me feel a little better to tell my frineds , of which I DO actually have quite a few on this site , and get things off my chest . Also , some people like entertaining stories , which I believed this one to be .
        Now , If you'd LIKE , I can take a camera out to the site and SHOW you EXACTLY where I passed . This section SHOULD be a designated passing zone , as it is FAIRLY straight , and has about the best line-of-sight on the whole road . That , coupled with the fact that the bus was moving less than 30 (posted 55 limit) when I initiated the pass , I didn't see anything wrong with the move when viewed in the "spirit of the law" context . Sure , letter of the law it's still wrong , but so were I'd BET 5 or 6 of the things YOU did on the weay to work today . And I ALSO didn't know that you're not supposed to EVER pass a bus . I saw the sign that said "do not pass when loading or unloading" , which I didn't do , but nothing about NEVER passing .
        Also , I do NOT ride like a maniac . You don't know me , or ride with me , PLEASE do not make that assumption about me . I speed SLIGHTLY , but not dangerously so . I limit my speeds to an indicated 70-75 on ANY backroad , which is a realistic 60-65 given the percentage of error on speedos (I have tested mine , it is MORE than 10% optimistic ) . Ask anyone on this site who's ridden with me before , and they'd probably say the same thing . At the Gap , I was one of the guys trailing the pack because I didn't wanna go 20 over the limit (that 50 in a 35 WAS an honest mistake , I SWEAR ) .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
          Alright , that "one side of the story" comment has OFFICIALLY driven me nuts . There IS only one side to the story , and that's the side I posted . No embellishments , nothing to make the story better . This I promise . I'll say this once .... I believe in "a man is only as good as his word" . If I say " I promise" or some such , take me at my word , or we WILL have a problem . THAT was why I got all indignant when I heard the "cop" tell me what the bus driver said . I wanted to pummel him right freakin there . I do NOT like my word being challeneged ....
          Now , moving on , I was ALSO not "playing the victim" . I was merely relating my "interesting" day . Makes me feel a little better to tell my frineds , of which I DO actually have quite a few on this site , and get things off my chest . Also , some people like entertaining stories , which I believed this one to be .
          Now , If you'd LIKE , I can take a camera out to the site and SHOW you EXACTLY where I passed . This section SHOULD be a designated passing zone , as it is FAIRLY straight , and has about the best line-of-sight on the whole road . ) .
          calm down dude....all stories/recounts are told in point of view....that is all....the "playing the victim" wasn't even pointed at YOU....it was a response to StevieB. don't take everything personal and be so damn defensive.....as far as the place you passing not being a passing zone but "SHOULD" be....well it isn't....reguardless of if it has the best line of sight on the whole road....i live in the mountains(hills to the rockymountain folks ) and we have sometimes 5-10 miles between any designated passing zones...some backroads don't have *any*....so i can certainly feel your pain....i was behind a school bus on a road yesterday...seven miles of stopping every half mile...no passing zones...i just followed...
          i absolutely LOVE this though:
          Also , I do NOT ride like a maniac . You don't know me , or ride with me , PLEASE do not make that assumption about me
          okay...i won't....

but so were I'd BET 5 or 6 of the things YOU did on the weay to work today
          you would LOSE that bet....what did you say about assumptions? wait...you must know me better than i know you, eh?
          Just ride.....

Comment

Okay , I understand ALL about the perception/perspective thing . I've been saying for YEARS that's about the most important thing people have . It is the reason they do the things they do . They act based on what they THINK is going on , or what they THINK someone else is up to or means or whatever . Yeah , I got it . But perception/perspective had nothing to do with the FACTS in my story , you gotta trust me on that one . Anyone , we're just turnig this into one big argument because either a: we can't see eye to eye on this issue , or b: you're just playing devli's advocate for the sake of argument . Normally , I'd do the same , but since this thing is a little close to home for me and I don't need the aggravation (have you seen any of my OTHER threads/posts lately ? ) , I'm gonna let this drop with you , bud .

Comment

Originally posted by md86
              . But perception/perspective had nothing to do with the FACTS in my story , you gotta trust me on that one . Anyone , we're just turnig this into one big argument because either a: we can't see eye to eye on this issue , or b: you're just playing devli's advocate for the sake of argument . Normally , I'd do the same , but since this thing is a little close to home for me and I don't need the aggravation (have you seen any of my OTHER threads/posts lately ? ) , I'm gonna let this drop with you , bud .
              its okay dude...you took my opinion personally...my original opinion was just that maybe you should rock the proverbial boat...that's all...no devil's advocate, and not that we don't see eye to eye...i just wasn't with the mainstream mob mentality of "go after him"....and that was all based on your "facts" that you presented....i just seemed to be stuck on the unpopular one...the one that you said you did and admitted to the "leo"...passing the bus in a no passing zone....it all comes back to the perception thing...yours and his....you perceived him to be an ass, and he may have misinterpreted your actions of moving your bike to the side to "wait a minute"(paraphrased)....maybe he over-reacted, maybe he played it safe....i can't speak for him....maybe he WAS an ass you were on your best behavior, again, i wasn't there.....but in the end, to a non biased person, he questioned what you did, you admitted it, then he let you go....no harm no foul....that was my point...and "going after him" as has been the popular replies(that and "i'd have kicked his ass", paraphrased) are all expected from a group of like interest folks...but face it...you weren't detained nor cited for anything....and from the responces i read here, i'd have thought you were detained, cavity searched, and repeatedly anal probed.....
              Just ride.....

Comment

Wow, did I start a firestorm, or what?
                "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

I was going to add my admiration for you keeping your cool, although I think some of our posters are getting you more pissed than the rent a cop.
                  BTW, that whole incident with him is fishy. Did you get a good look at the badge?
                  And tdrcomm - you have a CHL in CA? I can build nuclear weapons in my garage more easily than getting a CHL.

Comment

Originally posted by zenjim
                    I
                    BTW, that whole incident with him is fishy. Did you get a good look at the badge?
                    Nope . It was this little thing on his belt I saw from about 20 feet away . I only noticed it AFTER he took my keys and reached for his gun . I was kinda watching him outta the corner of my eye (weighing my options kinda) , and when he lifted his shirt to get something out of his pocket I saw it on his belt . He NEVER identified himself as a cop , and that was the ONLY thing he had on him marking him as any sort of authority figure . I was so flustered I never even thought it could be a Cracker Jack prize .

Comment

I think you're on the right track with letting it blow over. Lately, my whole concept of security and privacy in my beloved US is really taking a beating. Hearing about an armed SOMEBODY detaining, strong arming, and otherwise messing with a potential misdemeanor traffic violator at the behest of a construction company on a public road just bums me out.

Comment

Working...
                      X