Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

$500 Project Kat - help save save a good bike from junkpile!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where can you get the rubber things at?

Comment

oem parts section from ron ayers or bike bandit, or your local dealer.
      Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

and don't forget sea foam
        voting member of the 750 kat as your first bike club

94 750 katana (my prechuuuusssss)
        82 1100 goldwing interstate (maybe a replacement for the kat)
        83 650 Yamaha maxim (will run some day)

Comment

I'm doing basically the same thing in my next two paychecks im hoping the seafoam does the trick for now tho. oh btw my kat is a 96 and was $600 lol

Comment

never ever pound needles, pins, or other stuff thru jets. period. soak, spray with carb cleaner, blow out with air. repeatedly. part of your flat spot problem could be that you grossly enlarged the hole size in the jet(s). also, sanding on the needle jets changed their size. soak, spray with carb cleaner, and scrub with a cloth, NOT an abrasive. use lots and lots of carb cleaner sprayed directly into the passage openings in the carb body, followed with lots and lots of compressed air. repeat, ALOT of times. if you think the carb is clean, clean it again, and yet again. and for gad's sake, only do ONE carb at a time so you dont mix up parts. If i remember right, carb #3 has at least one of the jets larger sized. if at all possible, do not remove them from the rail if you can avoid it. if you do, you need to visually sync them, and then sync them on the skoot while running. they should be sync'd running reguardless if you've had them off the skoot and apart.

FYI : Fleet Farm carries the carb cleaner gallon cans with basket.
            99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
            1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
            '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
            Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Working...
            X