KR Member Shadow fang injured.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KR Member Shadow fang injured.

From Overkill Sportz.com

some of you know Chris Hillier, aka "Big Chris" some dont.

he was/is a regular at the Overkill field, played both woodsball and speedball, reffed alot of my private events and is the webmaster/admin for the overkill website (username shawdowfang)

Wednsday night, around 9pm while returning home to Sackville, Chris hit a patch of gravel on the road and lost control of his Katana 750 motorcycle, his bike went into the ditch, Chris flew over 50 feet threw the woods. another motorist witnessed this and called 911.

Chris is now out of surgury and ICU and is recovering at the QE2 hospital. I visited him this morning, and he has substancial injurys to his arms and legs. I lost count of how many steel pins, rods, and plates they put in him to reconstruct his bones. atleast he is on the road to recovery.

anyways, I thought i'd let his many friends know whats up and if you would like to visit him, he will be in the hospital for a few more weeks yet. he is in the QEII, Halifax Infirmary, Section 7.4, Room # 7422, Bed #1.

Also, since Chris isn't going to be working for a while, and he now owns a road off bike, Overkill will be hosting a benifit event in the very near future to raise funds to help Chris and his family get through these tough times. the event will consist of a day of paintball, along with auctioning of products and services, with all proceeds going directly to Chris.

if anyone would like to help organize, or is able to donate an item or service to this cause, it would be greatly appreiciated. contact me and I'll pick it up at your convience.

Carter
    OKSportz
    830-2376
    "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

If you go see him again please send him our best wishes for a speedy recovery from south of the border..

Fred

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Sorry to hear that about Shadow ... everywhere we turn seems that someone we know is having an accident ....

Wish him my best for a speedy recovery and hope all turn out right.
      Guylaine
      Try and keep up now

Comment

At least I'm glad to hear that he's Canadian -- he won't be saddled with $50k - $150k in surgery bills. Sorry to hear of his plight.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

that sucks,,hope hes well..

Comment

Best wishes for a fast recovery.
            Kyle

Comment

Sorry to hear of his mishap. Tell him he has thoughts and prayers from Tennessee. God Speed in his recovery.
              www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Let him know all of KR is hoping and praying for a speedy recovery !

Comment

best wishes for a fast recovery

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Prayers from here for a speedy recovery.

Comment

thoughts and prayers to another fallen kr member. get well soon.

Comment

Best wishes, and hoping for a fast recovery.
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Heal quick, all the best
                          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Shadowfang wrote:
                            i got word today that i may be out by friday, thats either released to rehab for my injuries, or released to go home. I really hope its to home...been in hospital for 2freakin weeks and i hate it soooooooooo much lol. but physio thinks im well enough to go home instead of rehab so ill keep you guys posted up.

The bike didnt take too much damage, just a few things but mostly cosmetic stuff, the tires were still fully inflated on perfectly straight rims ffs..

Injuries: Broken femir(steele rod)
                            punctured knee
                            VERY bad dislocation of shoulder(shoulder was in my arm pit...)
                            Fractored wrist(plate + 6 screws)
                            Bumps+bruises+scratches

p.s next spring there will be an 02 katana 750 up for sale(rebuilt for whats broke/twisted) lol
                            Chris has expressed to me his appreciation for all of the encouragement and technical help several of you, the members of KR, have given to him. He was totally into his new passion of motorcycle riding since getting his license this Spring. He is a very outgoing individual, and although right now he never intends on riding again, I expect that once he recovers from his injuries, his desire will return and we'll get him on the Kat of his again.

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement.

Fang's ride
                            "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

Working...
                            X