No announcement yet.
X

friend in trauma unit!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry dude I'll tip my glass for him right now...hope all will be well....

Comment

Any recent updates ?

Comment

well, not much new to tell. he is still in a coma, he is off the ventillator breathing on his own,but through a trach in his neck. they had to put a chest tube in yesterday, i guess he was getting a hemo/neumo thorax, not sure though. It looks like a long slow recovery. I dont think there is much hope that even if he does survive, that he will have much function. We can only pray and wait at this point. I do appreciate you asking Matt. I will keep you all informed of any changes.

Thanks
        Ray

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

best of luck to our fellow brother! He's in my prayers!
          Ray - Thank you, may I have another?

Comment

Hopes he comes out of it. prayres on the way.

Comment

I am really sorry ChattKat I didn't read this post until now. My family will definately have a special prayer for him tonight at dinner.

Comment

Hope the dude gets better. I had a good friend spend 2 weeks in a coma after a car accident. It is really hard to see someone in that condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Nice Guy
                  It really has been a tragic couple of months.

I wish the best for your friend.

I live in NH - and read about the bikers killed over the course of bike week... 5 deaths is pretty sad.
                  5? Whatch'you talkin' 'bout Willis? Try 10!

Comment

Originally posted by JustSomeDude
                    Originally posted by Mr. Nice Guy
                    It really has been a tragic couple of months.

I wish the best for your friend.

I live in NH - and read about the bikers killed over the course of bike week... 5 deaths is pretty sad.
                    5? Whatch'you talkin' 'bout Willis? Try 10!

http://www.boston.com/news/local/new...ke_week_death/
                    I wasn't aware of the others. My god, what a horrific week!
                    Thanks for the link.

I've lost three friends on bikes over the years - one due to excessive speeding, one to a drunk driver, and one "unsolved" - more than likely equipment failure. But each death of a fellow biker I read about, or hear about, makes me feel as though I've lost another friend.

Ride like your life depends on it!

Be safe, friends!
                    Mr. Nice Guy
                    '04 Katana 750
                    Ride safe, live long!

Comment

Just an update. John was moved out of ICU yesterday, not because he's any better, just nothing else they can do for him in ICU. He is still unresponsive. An EEG was done this week, its showed some brain activity, so he's not "brain dead" but it shows damage that the doctors says he has never seen anyone recover from. I guess the next step is for his family to move him to some sort of long term facility where he will basically be a vegetable until he dies. Sorry the news isnt any better. Continue to pray for him and his family, thanks to you all.

Comment

sorry to hear it. I hope he makes it ok. God will take care of him.
                        06 KAT 600

Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous

Comment

Dude, taht totaly sucks. I hope for a miracle.

Comment

My thoughts and prayers got out to all of you.

Comment

Horrible news. I feel for the family of this man.
                              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                              JOHN 16:33

Comment

I have been waiting to update hoping for something good to tell. Guess I will have to keep on waiting on any good news. John is out of the hospital and has been placed in a rehab facility, basically a nursing home. He has not improved at all and there is not much hope that he will. Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Working...
                                X