X

buying a o5 Katana have question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying a o5 Katana have question

I am trying to buy an o5 Katana from a dealer but am have 2nd thoughts. 2 weeks ago I went and took it for a test drive at about 7500 rpm it just soped pulling fell flat on it face in every gear. I took it back and told him I was interested but it need to run better. I Went back a week later and was talking price & we did settle n a price but I told him he still need to get it running right. Called him 2 days later he said the my need to rejet the bike and would call me. Monday is going to be 2 week from 1st time I looked at the bike 1 week since I price was set. Should I tell him to take a hick or what? It's an 05 Katana with 4000mi & has a pipe on it. Sorry for the long post.

he probally had to order a jet kit or something if the price is right i`d give it a couple more days

Comment

I have an 05 750 with 4025 miles on it. I have never had a problem with mine...could be just a bad part. Let him fix it, and take it out again. Should be fine after that.
      "It is not how these officers died that made them heroes.... It's how they lived"

Comment

Depending on if its a full system or just a slip on, depending on what type of type or any other mods done to the bike it may need rejetted and he may have to order the parts. I'd call him and find out the status of it.

Comment

My guess:

The carbs are sticky with dried fuel residues AND/OR the fuel is old/expired, and it's most noticable at max fuel delivery... Running a couple loads of techron or other high-quality fuel system cleaner through the with fresh gas will probably clear the issue and net him the sale, but personally, I wouldn't buy it without the problem being resolved to your satisfaction first.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

What was he asking? Also I would test drive it again and see if the problem is fixed probaly had to change a part or clean somethign give him a call again in a few days then test drive it.
            "Wait you are hitting me for something I might do"

Comment

I will give him a call later today and let you know how it goes. It does have a aftermarket exhaust on it. He is asking 4300.00.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                My guess:

The carbs are sticky with dried fuel residues AND/OR the fuel is old/expired, and it's most noticable at max fuel delivery... Running a couple loads of techron or other high-quality fuel system cleaner through the with fresh gas will probably clear the issue and net him the sale, but personally, I wouldn't buy it without the problem being resolved to your satisfaction first.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                +1 i agree 100 percent

Comment

Working...
                X