Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

So, I know a cable lube tool isn't rocket science...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I know a cable lube tool isn't rocket science...

But is it supposed to make such a mess? I assumed all of the spray would go down the sheath and and not all over the kat/my hands/ garage floor. Eventually it made all the way down to the bottom of the cable... but it took longer to clean up than it did to take the cables apart... Am I doing it wrong or is this par for the course? Sheesh

P.S.... yes, it was tightened down.

It sprayed out the sides like a kid holding his lips together when he's throwing up... kinda jettisoned out the sides

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Well, I don't about the rest of the guys here, but I normally disconnect my cables when I actively clean/lube them, so the stuff can run out the bottom freely (and so I can jiggle the cable back and forth to encourage the stuff to run through).

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

That's what I did... I completely removed the cable from the top.... I'm thinking it just has so much gunk in it, that it's having a hard time getting through? Maybe that's why it' shooting out the top. It's almost like holding an air pump and pumping...

Comment

It sprayed out the sides like a kid holding his lips together when he's throwing up... kinda jettisoned out the sides ...ewwwww thats nasty.

Comment

You can buy one of these, my friend has one and it works well http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/cables/cable_luber/
          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

i think he has one, i have one and it well sprays stuff everywhere, gets the job done but with a mess, you know universal product isn't going to fit everything nice and tight, expecially i doubt that motion pro used kat cables as a mold for the rubber in the luber. but all around good product, that is if you don't mind the mess.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by katman05
              You can buy one of these, my friend has one and it works well http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/cables/cable_luber/

That's the exact one I have

I agree with BarMatt... I just needed confirmation that I'm not doing it wrong

Comment

KNOW THESE OLD TRICKS:

A tight spark plug boot will slip over the end of a cable and help keep the oil-spew from going anywhere else...

Any mineral oil will work well, if there isn't already debris in the cable sheath... sewwing machine oil swiped from mom's sewing kit, rock oil, or baby oil all work extremely well.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I just did the "bag" trick on my new clutch cable..
                  Sounds like the spark plug boot is cheaper and
                  just as good..

Comment

you cant get this info from any other site.this site rocks

Comment

Working...
                    X