No announcement yet.
X

parking rant (need to vent)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have 1 parking space in which they built the box for the salt and sand for winter. It makes the parking space too short for a car (except for a Smart) so it has become MY parking space for the bike and the guy who parks next to me has a bike of his own (just doesn't ride it to work) so I know he's careful when either coming in or backing out.
    Guylaine
    Try and keep up now

Comment

Originally posted by iwannadie
      find out what car they drive and slash the tires no fuss no muss.
      i agree with this guy.its much easier.......LOL

Comment

what is the rest of the parking lot made of? bikes sinking in ashfault could be risk.... and the from the kickstand a 2ed risk...

Comment

I installed steel plates in the blacktop for my employees, and myself, to use as kick stand rests. I also have the parking lot re-striped to have dedicated parking areas for Bikes. We have 11 people that ride on a daily basis to work - myself included and we never have an issue - granted the parking area is a bit out of the way. I guess what I am trying to say is that I went to great lengths to make sure my kat - oops - -my employees bikes are in a protected safe area.

Comment

o sure---im sure its for the emplyees.

Comment

Hint: A small 3"x3" block of wood fits nicely under the Katana's seat and makes a handy pad for the kickstand on hot pavement.

What "liability issues" exactly? Could you ask him to clarify? Is it possible the spot you're using to park is on an emergency exit route or something? Doesn't sound like it, but maybe. . .
              ---Jeff (Long Beach Represent!)

'99 Katana 750 (Metallic Space Blue / Matte Silky Gray Metallic)
              Plus some cars.

"Never Break More than You Fix..."

Comment

Where Bob works is in Brentwood,TN they are all high and mighty out there and think there crap doesn't stink. The company he works for can be complete arseholes.

Now for the parking lot it is all asphalt. The problem is the guy they hired never asked if he had permission to park there by his Department head. The guy saw a bike and said that is a safety risk. Most of these people do not think logically. They do risk assesments and go about their business. I doubt very seriously this company will pay to put in steel plates for bikes to park on. They are very tight with money and do not like to pay for anything extra. I use to work for them and my sister-in-law still does. All I can say is that They are the competition in the trucking industry as far as having a way to pay for things and finding loads for people to haul.
                www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Maybe they are afraid that his bike may explode at any given time and take out the generator and cooling tower??

At my work we have limited parking so I park my bike in a motel parking lot. Definitly not a place I would want to leave my bike at night but it works out great for me because I work during the day. At night the area seems to have a lot of thefts, the motel had there t.v.s stolen, a flower shop beside me had their safe cracked in the backroom and my office was recently robbed about a month or so ago. I get the luxury of parking behing 5 concrete pillars that stick outta the ground so I never have any fear of anyone backing into it because they will hit the pillars first and mess up their car and realize they went back to far.

Comment

Working...
                  X