X

need some ideas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some ideas

I have a 1990 Katana GSX600F with a red seat. I want to repaint the plastic and gas tank and I need some ideas for what color scheme would look good with a red seat. Any ideas? pics?

Thanks
    Tim
    2004 TRX45R fully built race quad MX and TT
    1998 Triumph Daytona 595T 955cc
    "To thine own self be true"
    TNT Billiards and Powersports

Paint job

With the Red seat I think blac and silver look real good together I had a silver Jaguar with red interior it wwas very nice what color is the bike now?

Comment

There used to be some templates. You could use them with any painting program to try out ideas. But I haven't seen them in years..

Comment

I say black and red!
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

black and red work well together, but don't limit yourself. Having your seat recovered wouldn't cost you too much. I had mine done for about $40 a few years back.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Right now the tank is grey and most of the plastic is grey. I was thinkin black with the red seat. If we could get a templet or some way to see it on the computer before painting that would be great.

well, having the seat recovered is also a possibilty I just need some ideas. You guys are more experienced and know way more about this then I do I'm just a "skid mark" on the underpants of sport bikes...lol
            Last edited by pri_i_oh; 12-18-2007, 02:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Thanks sharkboy I'll see what I can do with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                There used to be some templates. You could use them with any painting program to try out ideas. But I haven't seen them in years..
                Thats it!!

Comment

You guys are great....thanks

Comment

Comment

Ok, I think I figured out a paint job but the file is too big to upload and show you. I did it in pait. Got any ideas hows to shrink it?

Comment

Originally posted by pri_i_oh View Post
                        Ok, I think I figured out a paint job but the file is too big to upload and show you. I did it in pait. Got any ideas hows to shrink it?
                        Do a save as and change it to a GIF or JPG.. That should shrink a 1meg BMP (bitmap) into about a 22k jpg the gif is even smaller 10k~ but you loose quality..

Last edited by Black_peter; 12-19-2007, 11:49 AM.

Comment

ok I hope it attaches. I kind of like this color set up now we just need to add some killer graphics. Let me know if it doesnt attach.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pri_i_oh View Post
                            well, having the seat recovered is also a possibilty I just need some ideas. You guys are more experienced and know way more about this then I do I'm just a "skid mark" on the underpants of sport bikes...lol
                            look dude, don't under-estimate yourself on this. ever see any photos of how some of these "veterans" on here, dress?

let's just say that "tastes" are acquired.

anyhoo.....don't leave your own creativity out of this. also, you would be surprised at that goes with read.

white
                            black
                            gray
                            blue
                            green
                            yellow
                            and of course, red itself

personally, I would ditch the red seat.....mostly cuz I don't care much for red seats. or any other color than black, for that matter. but if I had a red seat, and really wanted to be "different", instead of going with the "norm", I would avoid going black or gray just for the fact that it is somewhat "common".

you know what you need to do? you need to get yourself out of "paintshop" on the computer and get to a real paint shop or a paint supply store. snip a small piece of your seat covering from under the seat and lay it beside some paint chips.....then concentrate on how they would look together in the big picture. and if I was going to skip black or gray as a first choice, I would start exploring the golds, then whites, then yellow maybe......then some of the reds. then I would probably be comparing combinations of these colored chips as stripes or two-tones.

do it dude.....use your imagination. gold and red go very well together, and the shades of gold available on cars these days are incredible. White and red are sharp as hell....and white is often under-estimated as a "nice color". but it also depends on the shade of red of the seat. but then so what....get it recovered a different red...lol.
                            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                            X