X

Bandit / Katana chain adjusters question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandit / Katana chain adjusters question

I read the how to in that section and was wondering what benefit doing this has? Does it make it hold the wheel better? Easier to adjust chain?

Tmod

for the look?

Comment

It's must easier to adjust the chain, and it looks nice too.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

WAYYYY easier to adjust the chain. You get to move the wheel in without kicking it forward.

Comment

Sounds as though this needs to be added to my list of changes.

Thanks!!

Tmod

Comment

I wouldn't have it any other way, the Katana chain adjusters suck large farm animals.

Comment

Ok I am confused here, Are you saying that when I back the screw out that it will push the wheel forward and that eliminates having to kick it forward?

I don't see any clip that would retain the screw and cause the wheel to move forward when it is backed out.

What am I missing here?

Tmod

Comment

Check out my garage. You will get an up close look at the adjusters. I just threw them in without changing anything on them.

Comment

Originally posted by katanafreak93 View Post
                  Check out my garage. You will get an up close look at the adjusters. I just threw them in without changing anything on them.
                  If the ID of the bandit (where axle slides through) is bigger then what did you do to fill that space?

Sorry guys I just can't seem to get this one in my head.

Tmod

Comment

Some guys modify the adjuster, I just stuck them in the swing arm. They work. I did it because my stock adjusters were slipping out of the arm. I just haven't gotten around to modifying them. That is my winter project along with the rear wheel change. You can sleeve down the hole size.
                    Last edited by Kfreak; 08-05-2008, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by katanafreak93 View Post
                      Some guys modify the adjuster, I just stuck them in the swing arm. They work. I did it because my stock adjusters were slipping out of the arm.
                      Ahhh ok gotcha.

So when you go to adjust the chain do you still have to kick the wheel forward? Or does it go forward when you back the screws out?

Tmod

Comment

To be honest with you.... I haven't had to do an adjustment yet. I would probably kick the wheel just out of habit. I don't have any side screws holding the adjuster in place.

Comment

the way mine are, I don't have to manually move the wheel. But I also helicoiled a piece of angle aluminum and had them tig welded to the plate, drilled holes in the swing arm and ran set screws. So, I don't have to kick anything forward, stock you might, nut it's STILL a far better design. If you just hold the plate in the swing arm with your hand it will move forward by itself.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                            the way mine are, I don't have to manually move the wheel. But I also helicoiled a piece of angle aluminum and had them tig welded to the plate, drilled holes in the swing arm and ran set screws. So, I don't have to kick anything forward, stock you might, nut it's STILL a far better design. If you just hold the plate in the swing arm with your hand it will move forward by itself.
                            Ok now I get it.

Thanks!

Tmod

Comment

Ya I still have to kick wheel forward but I love the look. I modified the Katana axle retainers to work with the Bandit end caps, would be easy as heck thought to machine some bushings to use in the Bandit axle retainers.
                              2000 Katana 600
                              2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Working...
                              X