Reasoning for the third eye?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<--

Comment

The purpose of the "parking light" is simply that, when you're pulled over the side of the road, people can see you. Now, the light itself isnt going to be that visable but what's more important is that your rear tail light is also lit when the key is put into "park" mode. Chances are, that if you're pulled over the side of the road, you want people driving up to you from behind to see you. The front visability is just a bonus without draining your headlights.

Now, if you change it to LED's like I did, not only do you get a massive improvement in visability, but it actually uses less battery power!

24x12vx0.018a = 5.184watts
      stock bulb = 5watts

oh wait, well, they use about the same amount of energy, but DAMN is it brighter

Comment

My bike didn't even have that light when I bought it, just a hole. I didn't realize it at the time. I thought the hole was some kind of air intake. First bike, heh.

Comment

stick a bullet cam in it, that was another idea I was flirting with for a while but then I decided that if I wanted video's, I'd also want my speedo and tach filmed as well.

If you have a hole, maybe get yourself one of those night rider led scanners, they'd look pretty funny on a kat :P

Comment

yeah the 3rd eye isnt very visible to oncoming traffic unless you do some LED's in there.

Im thinking of doing something like this with the third eye...

Comment

Man Wildkat you beat me to the punch I was wondering when someone would have referenced Knight Rider...KIT...hey it could be a KIT KAT...oh wait there may be some legal implications there...
              Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
              Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

LOL

i said knight rider fiiirst, I just spelt it night rider cuz i'm dumb and it was late.

Comment

Working...
                X